Spookydorf Application(Resubmitting cuz I didnt answer some questions)

n-game Username: FordOfficial
Discord username: Spookydorf
Characters you play: Bracken Mybak and Flamgo Mars

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: It varies do to  life but i could do like 20, it would have to vary a lot but i'm usually on late.

Days you are available to admin on: Probably everyday except Saturday cuz DND.

How old are you? 17

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Goob Station or any SS13 experience?
No not really, but I've been watching friends and other people play to learn how the game works. 

Do you have prior administration experience? If so, explain in detail what you've done during your time as an admin. We prefer experience in Space Station 13 or 14 but other games are okay too. If you can, do post evidence of this too. 

I've done some discord moderation stuff for a friend but that's about it. Nothing too major.

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers?

No.

Admins can perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you're aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? 

Keeping the bad people out and keeping the game civil. I wanna ensure people are having a good time.

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?

Nothing in particular comes to mind except maybe players that are arguing out of game.

Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers besides just dealing with rule breakers?
Moderation, education, and entertainment. I feel as an admin its important that you carry an iron stick and make sure people aren't acting up. At the same time you should help teach newer players on how to play the game whenever you're available. The most important thing is to not be a blank slate npc admin, yknow the people who have no life and personality with their only existence being to moderate. You should be able to have fun and be personable as an admin.

Why do you want to become an administrator for Goob Station?
I noticed today, 3/26/24, that theres a lack of "Nocturnal" mods. So I wanted to pitch in and try to help out where I can. I may be new and still learning SS14 but i find the game fascinating and want to do everything I can to help. Also I like the people I'm around and they deserve to be happy.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
I may not have any room to judge but i find it perfectly fine. People break character to help only when they have to and perfectly stay in character afterwards, not letting the rounds transgressions get to them. Everyone is responsive and kind and I actually feel like a retarded marine in sec. The only complaint I have is that sec doesn't have crayons.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
Being awake when others aren't. Because that can make all the difference in the world, cuz especially the round I was in. There were no mods to help when Ruskies got in the server and messed shit up. It only takes one person to stop them, and I want to be that person.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
Russians, I think thats it. I have no idea why they do the stuff they do but I find it cringe. That's about it, but sec is a bit mean sometimes. Its chill tho, I was being stupid.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
Shout out to twomad for not overdosing on fent like the real one. Hes funny as hell, Twomad my beloved. Also the people are really funny and nice around the server, also considerate to new players to. I like them.

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind the decisions you make, and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how differences in the assumption would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. Three players decided to observe the round instead of joining and they started orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to "do something funny".
Become bartender and start making drinks that have way to much alcohol content in them. And then team up with chemistry to spike the captain and take his shoes. After that the traitors have probably been picked so I get murdered 45 minutes into the round by my fellow bartender who I thought I could trust. Then I get borged into a janitor robot and blown up by another traitor.

You see a clown using crayons to write on the floor in front of security. The clown's writings are negative things about security, like "shitsec". A Security Officer tells the clown that they're being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the Security Officer can get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the Security Officer, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another Security Officer who comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.
The clown is just clowning and nothing needs to be done with them. The passenger should be reprimanded due to the fact they had no reason to act like that, but like a slap on the wrist reprimandment, then again it would be funny to observe. The secoff just honestly took the L. And the detective should have at least cuffed or dragged the passenger to medical, cuz if killed it would cause problems.

You and another admin have been adminning for around an hour. The rate of issues has been easily manageable due to having 2 admins. Neither of you has been talking in the admin chat. You are using the Admin Help to warn a player for breaking a rule when the other admin joins the Admin Help and confirms that it is against the rules, but that it's fine in this case and they can ignore the rule for the rest of the round. You haven't taken any other admin actions yet, such as applying a ban or writing a note.
The case could very well been an accident, as I've been in a similar situation where I accidentally used live rounds instead of rubbers and killed someone. Both a passive and secondary perspective are needed for a situation like this where it could have been a genuine mistake. But, I'd still write a note, and take notice if they're had notes written about them earlier, that way I could sus out if they're lying or not. Either way, I believe its necessary to have an alternate perspective on something incase you're judgement is debated.

• CEI
2 hours ago, SpookyDorf said:

Shout out to twomad for not overdosing on fent like the real one. Hes funny as hell, Twomad my beloved. Also the people are really funny and nice around the server, also considerate to new players to. I like them.

I refuse to believe you mean any of this.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png

• 4 weeks later...