Hobbitmax999 makes an application

------------------------------------------

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: Hobbitmax999

What's your Discord Username:.. you guessed it. Hobbitmax999 / Gordon.

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: Fuck IDK. I can't check right now. Probably like. 60 hours? Maybe less. Maybe more. I might be dead wrong.

How old are you: 16

Have you been banned from the Goob Server last or this month: No

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s):

WizDen: Quite a while (last I checked I was at 80 hours as passenger alone. 200 total)

GoonStation (ss13) : like an hour at most

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: Heavily variable. I'm going to say 16~ but likely to range up or down a lot

On what days can you get on to Admin:

all days of the week but some days will have much less hours.

What timezone are you in: EST

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:  Because fuck it I'm sure I can learn a lot about being a good admin and maybe the game itself. And ensure people have fun.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:

I have only fucked around in a private server with admin.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: Maintain the enjoyment of the players. And remove bad actors

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: "Fucked" definitely making sure sec is held to appropriate standards but also helping prevent the chaos of the tide fucking with sec. De escalating the whole scenario back to a normal situation would help a LOT I think.

The more questions questions. (It's highly recommended you put more than just a single or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Talk to fellow admins. If none are available. Put a admin note on the player mentioning this second instance of RDM and that they need to be bwoinked about it.. then see if I can find there associated discord account or other ways to contact them to mention them before so. If I can contact them before they get on again then I can remove the message after saying so.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

Talk to other admins. Make a note on them mentioning this and that they are a important role. If I find them on discord or other methods communicate this to them. Otherwise talk to them next time there online or have another admin do so via the note.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

Quite a few things are wrong. First obvious thing is the tider. Tell them not to interfere with security arresting people. Secondarily. Tell the secoff to adjust there escalation. They need to START with non lethal. Even against the tider. Although. They may have a dead disabler / stun baton. In which case it MAY be justified.

The Clown has been constantly slipping, pieing, and messing with other players, including Officers by interfering and messing up their work. Despite being told to stop by others, they've continued. How would you deal with the problem yourself?

bwoink them. Tell them that they need to be careful slipping security and they can't interfere with arrests as that's illegal and self antagonism. Remind sec that they CAN arrest the clown for that behavior.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, not much has happened. All of a sudden, the other admin decides to mess with the round without running a vote on it. It could lead to ruining the round for others rather than be fun. What would you do?

Talk to him. Likely I won't be a higher rank then him but I still should warn him about it. Depending on how he acts after (apologetic and not doing anything more Vs confrontational or continuing the behavior) talk to whoever is my superior or his superior and go up chain of command.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

Honk.

- Honk

th-4266887518.jpg.fe7a261bbc9d5d9da1365abb70ce24e0.jpg

10 hours ago, Hobbitmax999 said:

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: Hobbitmax999

What's your Discord Username:.. you guessed it. Hobbitmax999 / Gordon.

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: Fuck IDK. I can't check right now. Probably like. 60 hours? Maybe less. Maybe more. I might be dead wrong.

How old are you: 16

Have you been banned from the Goob Server last or this month: No

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s):

WizDen: Quite a while (last I checked I was at 80 hours as passenger alone. 200 total)

GoonStation (ss13) : like an hour at most

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: Heavily variable. I'm going to say 16~ but likely to range up or down a lot

On what days can you get on to Admin:

all days of the week but some days will have much less hours.

What timezone are you in: EST

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:  Because fuck it I'm sure I can learn a lot about being a good admin and maybe the game itself. And ensure people have fun.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:

I have only fucked around in a private server with admin.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: Maintain the enjoyment of the players. And remove bad actors

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: "Fucked" definitely making sure sec is held to appropriate standards but also helping prevent the chaos of the tide fucking with sec. De escalating the whole scenario back to a normal situation would help a LOT I think.

The more questions questions. (It's highly recommended you put more than just a single or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Talk to fellow admins. If none are available. Put a admin note on the player mentioning this second instance of RDM and that they need to be bwoinked about it.. then see if I can find there associated discord account or other ways to contact them to mention them before so. If I can contact them before they get on again then I can remove the message after saying so.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

Talk to other admins. Make a note on them mentioning this and that they are a important role. If I find them on discord or other methods communicate this to them. Otherwise talk to them next time there online or have another admin do so via the note.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

Quite a few things are wrong. First obvious thing is the tider. Tell them not to interfere with security arresting people. Secondarily. Tell the secoff to adjust there escalation. They need to START with non lethal. Even against the tider. Although. They may have a dead disabler / stun baton. In which case it MAY be justified.

The Clown has been constantly slipping, pieing, and messing with other players, including Officers by interfering and messing up their work. Despite being told to stop by others, they've continued. How would you deal with the problem yourself?

bwoink them. Tell them that they need to be careful slipping security and they can't interfere with arrests as that's illegal and self antagonism. Remind sec that they CAN arrest the clown for that behavior.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, not much has happened. All of a sudden, the other admin decides to mess with the round without running a vote on it. It could lead to ruining the round for others rather than be fun. What would you do?

Talk to him. Likely I won't be a higher rank then him but I still should warn him about it. Depending on how he acts after (apologetic and not doing anything more Vs confrontational or continuing the behavior) talk to whoever is my superior or his superior and go up chain of command.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

Honk.

I have finally identified my real time.

I have exactly 39H and 2 minutes. In goob. I'll update in an hour when it meets the requirements

- Honk

• CEI
3 minutes ago, Hobbitmax999 said:

Update 

I did infact play an hour of goob.

I have the required 40 hours.

That is all.

excellent

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png

Now to wait... Idfk how long. For you to do whatever you have to do to decide. Probably talking with people. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Want clarification. Or just to tell me what to improve!...

- Honk

Wait a second. I just thought of something.

Can admins actually play normal rounds still? As long as you don't utilize your admin powers is that a thing? Or if this application is accepted will I forever be doomed to be an observer with my only enrichment being the rare times when everyone wants dumb shit to happen?.

- Honk

• CEI
1 hour ago, Hobbitmax999 said:

Wait a second. I just thought of something.

Can admins actually play normal rounds still? As long as you don't utilize your admin powers is that a thing? Or if this application is accepted will I forever be doomed to be an observer with my only enrichment being the rare times when everyone wants dumb shit to happen?.

why do you think WE the current admins appear in round?

foolish grapefruit

(yes you can still head into round whenever as long as you are deadmined)

• CEI
2 hours ago, Hobbitmax999 said:

Thank you for the clarification.

Dunno what deadminned means but I ASSUME it's just disabling admeme powers temporarily?.

correct

or indef until you turn it on

also a command (deadmin/readmin)

8 hours ago, Kira said:

correct

or indef until you turn it on

also a command (deadmin/readmin)

Alright. Useful to know.. uh. Let me know once you've thought everything over and are ready to tell me yes or no... Guessing your rather busy. I can't know what all is on your plate. But. I assume quite a lot. Other than that uh. Best of luck and I'm hoping I can learn how this all works.

- Honk

• CEI
On 4/3/2024 at 8:24 AM, Hobbitmax999 said:

Looks like you closed admin applications. Should I expect this means you won't accept mine or will you keep considering the already submitted ones?

Your application will remain open until I reopen and start accepting or denying again.

• 3 weeks later...