Admin Application - dave36464736

Now before I begin, I am aware that the status of these applications is closed. This application is simply for the purpose that should the positions open back up, I have an application submitted. 

Now. To the main event.

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: dave36464736 (Yes, I know its a weird username. yes I have been called out for it. No I am not Russian and honestly, Wish I could change my username.)

What's your Discord Username: Davers

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: As of this applications, Approx 41 hours. At actual time of looking at this application in future? Likely a lot higher.

How old are you: 38

Have you been banned from the Goob Server last or this month: No! and I do not intend to be.

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): Wizden. 200+ hours.
------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week:  minimum 10, depends on the week and if I have adult responsibilities.

On what days can you get on to Admin: Literally any day. 

What timezone are you in: Eastern Standard.

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:

To be perfectly honest, I sat at my desk and thought about this for a long while. I came to the conclusion that I want this position purely to help other players have a great experience. Whether that takes form in giving some friendly advice, Helping resolve a technical issue, Do something quirky for the server or making sure that shitters are dealt with. I want to make sure that when people play on Goob Station, They feel welcome and want to stay.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:

I have not. I know thats a strike against me but best be honest.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:

Game Admins are there to make sure that the rounds go smoothly, Deal with any issues that may crop up between players, Raiders (Ugh), Resolve any technical issues and to maybe shake things up when things get a little bit stale. Game Admins are basically the watchers of the server. There to make sure issues are solved and experiences are fun and valued.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

To be frank, Goob station is definitely a LRP. Its rough around the edges at times but has its charms and quirks that make me smile and laugh aloud. (Sometimes rage.) What can be done to improve this? Well, If we are being honest, I would definitely be more stringent on a lot of the Self Antags going on, As those seem to be what is degrading the LRP the most on this server. I know its goob and thats just how it be, But it could be so much more.

The more questions questions. (It's highly recommended you put more than just a single or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Well, Seeing as they already have a note on that sort of behavior and they have repeat offended and left, knowingly, I would more than likely ban them. Not permanently, Definitely an appeal ban. I feel this action would be appropriate mostly because if they already have a note on their file, They likely don't care and given them another chance, Would do it again.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

Well, This one is a bit more complicated. Why did the Captain disconnect in the first place? Did they have connection issues? Did they suddenly have an RL issue that cropped up that demanded their immediate attention? The first time, i would definitely drop a note on their file, and if I had the chance to catch up with them in game, I would ask them what happened and ascertain from there what the next appropriate step is. If, at any point I was uncertain on how to proceed, I would ask the opinions of the other Admins and go from there.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

Well, The first issue is the Passenger. They are being a nuisance and making the round harder and unpleasant for the SecOff. I would aHelp the Passenger and let them know their actions are causing issues and that they need to back off and explain that while some shenanigans are fine, They are wandering into Self Antag territory and that is against our rules. The second issue would be the SecOff unloading into the passenger. They did not follow the escalation that is demanded of them. They are to never escalate immediately to Lethal unless they are in danger of dying imminently. I would Ahelp the SecOff and explain this. Now of course, There are reasons that they would escalate immediately to lethal. No disabler, Stun Baton dead or missing. But in that case, I would be advising them to call for backup before lethals are even considered.

The Clown has been constantly slipping, pieing, and messing with other players, including Officers by interfering and messing up their work. Despite being told to stop by others, they've continued. How would you deal with the problem yourself?

I would AHelp. I would be explaining to the clown that their actions are starting to border on Self Antag. That they need to dial back their hijinks to a more acceptable level and not to interfere when Sec is trying to do their work and interfering with day to day operations on the station. I would be polite yet firm about it and if they continued, I would look at stronger measures.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, not much has happened. All of a sudden, the other admin decides to mess with the round without running a vote on it. It could lead to ruining the round for others rather than be fun. What would you do?

I would advise the Admin that what they are doing is likely to destabilise the round and potentially cause the round to become less enjoyable and make players experiences less fun. Based off of what happens next, I would take appropriate action, Up to and including getting higher ranked individuals involved.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about: I know what Admins do is tough. I do Admin work for a minecraft server (BacoNetworks, you can confirm there if you wish). I know the level of BS and shittery that people can get up to and just the amount of stupid things they can accomplish. I also see what a community can be, when Administrated right. This is why I want to apply. I may not have the knowledge first hand of your Admin tools but I am a quick study and I have no issues asking questions when needed to make sure I am doing things right. 

Thank you for your consideration. Hopefully with any luck, I may join you all soon and even if I don't. I will continue to enjoy being a Goob guy!

David

Edited by Davers

Engineering life.

• Davers changed the title to Admin Application - dave36464736