Space Station 14 Username:

Topixl

Banning Admin's SS14 Username:   

CMDR_JohnAlex

Are you banned from the Server or a Job/Department:

Server

The reason you were banned:

Suspected raiding and/or metacomms.

Everything that lead to your ban, give a detailed explanation. Relevant info only and don't leave anything important out:

Myself and some friends felt some space station nostalgia and so wanted to try the SS14 playtest. I believe this occurred near April 10th.

I played late-join librarian and did not communicate with anyone during the match. I received a ban for raiding and likely metacomming within minutes of reaching the library.

I would later hear that one of the people who joined at the same time as me was not familiar with the original space station, and did not obey server rules. If I understand correctly also ignored admin messages? I attempted to explain the importance of reading the server rules before joining to get a sense of the culture but I may have failed.

Why you should be unbanned:

I liked playing on goobstation way back and would like to continue in the future. I made effort to comply with the rules and will continue to do so. Additionally, I share an IP address with another player who seems to be unable to access goob servers due to an address ban.

Please let me know if I am missing any information.

Hello! I was your banning admin and I will handle your appeal.

The day I banned you there was a crazy amount of raiders and it was likely that one or two of them was a mistake. From what I remember, a little over six people all joined at the same time and stayed together in pairs. Due to the lack of communication between the players and a few of them self-antagging (welderbomb) I started banning the ones who started RDM'ing people and after I collected more information, the possibly metacomming ones. After reading NduulZaFool's ban appeal and now yours, I can see that you all joined at the same time to play with each other, but not to metacomm and cause chaos.

To quote Kira on nDullZaFool's ban appeal:

Okay, so at least you didn't metacomm and muted yourself. Glad you also had no intentions to break rules and mess around too.

Now probably don't go planning to join each other in game as it's going to yes, cause us to assume raiders, or metacommers. It's hard to tell as we can't watch everything and it causes things to lead here.

I apologize for banning the two of you, your ban appeal has been accepted and you will momentarily be pardoned in-game.

Edit:
Changed my wording from "you will be momentarily pardoned" to "you will momentarily be pardoned". The first made it sound the pardon was temporary.

Edited by CMDR_JohnAlex
Changed my wording from "you will be momentarily pardoned" to "you will momentarily be pardoned". The first made it sound the pardon was temporary.

Signature... Signature... What to put... Oh wait nono, don't put that as my signatu- AAAAA