TheButchers Admin Application

-----------------------------------------

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: TheButcher

What's your Discord Username: butcherin

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: 6hr

How old are you: 28

Have you been banned from the Goob Server last or this month: no

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): yes, 619+ hours wizden
------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 5-20 (aest time)

On what days can you get on to Admin: most days

What timezone are you in: aest

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: To experience the game from a different aspect, and to help the community grow and feel supported by looking after its players. I have lots of good idea for fun gameplay mechanics which can be created with admin tools. I also want to experience what it is like to be an admin, and provide unbiased judgement on my peers. 

Also there has been quite a few raids during the time I've been online. I can help deal with that. 

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: I have not adminned for any other ss servers

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: Ensure everyone is following the rules and having a good time! 

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: I really enjoy the chaos of this server, albeit the pop is usually a bit lower when I can play due to my timezone. 

The more questions questions. (It's highly recommended you put more than just a single or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem? I would contact another admin to see how lenient we are with repeat offenders, and likely give them a warning & ban. If I was the only admin online, I would give them a temp ban and consult other admins about a harsher ban, or appeal only ban. Also I would take into consideration the time between the initial RDM and current RDM. If the time was only a short period the punishment would be harsher, and the chance of them doing it again would be high. 

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them? Give them the benefit of the doubt, wait a few moments to see if they reconnect. Possibly add a note to their profile about them disconnecting before round end, that way if it happens multiple time there is record of this. If they keep disconnecting and do not have a valid excuse they should be role banned. If its just a once off, then there is no harm done in logging it. 

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin? 
Observe the situation, if nothing else eventuates, it can mostly be handled in character. I would send a message to the secoff to ask them to refrain from using excessive force when dealing with greytiders in the future. The secoff could have asked them to stop, or stunned them instead of using lethals. I would also send a message to the greytider saying they should remain a passenger, and not interfere with arrests as they are in a RP game, maybe ask them if they need help/are new etc. 

The Clown has been constantly slipping, pieing, and messing with other players, including Officers by interfering and messing up their work. Despite being told to stop by others, they've continued. How would you deal with the problem yourself? Once again I would observe the situation, as I believe a lot of clownery can be dealt with in character by the security force, they can arrest the clown if it becomes too much. If I am receiving ahelps about the clown I would intervene, but this is highly context driven. I would try and not intervene if the clown is just doing clown things. If the clown is really ruining the gameplay experience for lots of other players I would firstly message the clown and ask them to turn down the clowning. If it continues, I would send in the deathsquad continue to talk to the clown, and possibly message HOS and let them know they are ok to arrest the clown (and ask why they havent already if they've been playing up). If the clown doesn't listen to admin advice and continues then a warning would be given, if they're doing things outside the scope of clownery.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, not much has happened. All of a sudden, the other admin decides to mess with the round without running a vote on it. It could lead to ruining the round for others rather than be fun. What would you do? Talk to the other admin and let them know the possible negative outcomes to come from this, I would encourage them to run a vote before they do anything, and they should describe the possible outcomes in that vote, informing the players of the chance it could end the round. If the event occurred and ruined the round for everyone I would notify a different admin about what has happened. 

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

Edited by TheButcher