Carmelo’s admin app

I What's your Space Station 14 Username: Carmelo

What's your Discord Username: Carmelo 

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: around 150-300 hours of actual playtime 

How old are you: 17

Have you been banned from the Goob Server last or this month: nope

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): 

I’ve played on Arcadis, delta B, frontier and every wizden server, totals to around 800+ hours of playtime. 
------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: depending on life, 6-2 hours on weekdays, and 5+ on weekends 

On what days can you get on to Admin:

I CAN admin for every day of the week but probably won’t, I’d say you can expect around 4-7 days.

What timezone are you in: CST

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: 

for multiple reason. First of all, I feel a strong sense of loyalty to goob.. Out of all the servers I’ve been on it’s  the goofiest, wackiest and feels like the true SS14 experience. I want to help the community grow and prosper, and there’s no other role that’s better than that then admin. Mentor helps, but considering we like, never get tickets, it’s grown a tad boring. 

Second of all, I’ve done everything there is to do in SS14 EXEPT admin. To me it feels like the natural evolution of playing the game, like what is a admin except a really experienced player who has all the qualities of a leader? 

Third of all, I’ve taken such a strong liking to admin run events that I’ve been wanting to run one myself. I grew up on games like rimworld and dwarf fortress and the experience of being a game master has always been one Ive enjoyed, so naturally combining being a game master and my favorite game had intrigued me. (Of course events aren’t a high priority cause admins have to admin before events and stuff) 

All of these factors combined have made me inclined to become a admin, although I specifically chose goob station for this considering we have low event restrictions, plenty of ahelps and a mild shortage of admins in some hours that I believe I can fill. In short, 

ate shitters, 

ate raiders, 

ate te lack of admins

luv me events

luv me space station

luv me goob

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: Yes, I have been a admin on Arcadis Stariom. It’s a pretty low pop small server, much like the early days of goob. My experience has been mostly doing events as per the theme of Arcadis, and I’ve grown quite familliar with some of the tools, specifically the ones that are obvious cause I never got a tutorial. I’ve been a admin for about a month. As far as I can tell, players seem to like me, but I’m not reknown for something specific. Do note the lack of a real population means we don’t get many shitters and I haven’t had to issue ahelps yet

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: ive come to realize admins don’t serve a singular role. They moderate the server, answering Ahelps about behavior issues and issuing punishments to those who break the rules. Admins spectate the game and can actively moderate rulebreaks in real time. Admins also have the secondary ability to run events, or just minor debug room shenanigans. Either way, they make the experience more fun for the players, and that’s the core goal of being a admin.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: Its fine the majority of the time. It doesn’t feel NRPy like some say, it just feels a lot looser and more fun then wizden, as I said earlier it’s a very goofy and fun experience. As pop grows higher the number of shitters grow as well. As for improvements we need to moderate tiders more and distance ourselves from memes, and try to act a tad more professional rather than everyone (including admins) just shitposting, not like this is true but some people treat goob like a server where they can tide with no consequences, and that’s bad. 

The more questions questions. (It's highly recommended you put more than just a single or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem? Depending on which stage they left at. If they were killed and ragequit, I’d file a major note on them, multiple day ban and recommend other admins to ban them should it happen again. If they just alt f4ed randomly, it’s most likely the same. However if they had been arrested and released and then cryoed, the note would be shortened to simply a major note, no ban on future RDM excess. Do not that I personally would factor playtime, time between events, shift time, and how they look/acted into account. If they just RDmed right after loading in it’s an appeal ban because that is major raider behavior. If the notes are sufficiently far apart I would lessen the note to a minor and act as if this was their fist time doing it.

Taken at face value with the info and making minimal assumptions, multiple day ban and major note.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

Manually cryo them. If they had reached out on discord about about a blackout or something it would be understandable. I’d wait to round end and if they rejoin I’d ask them about what happened, after round end it’s a note on them. However if they had said they were gonna go SSD over coms no action is necessary. Based on where they decon and what time one of these options would be selected, for example deconning in the hall or in combat seems like a crash, whereas if it was in his room it’s most likely intentional. 

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin? If the passenger was wanted or had a history of this or if it was on red id see this as fair play from sec and message the passenger telling them firmly to stop, I believe the IC consequences are enough. If the passenger has a history of this I’d issue either a warning or up to a couple day ban depending on the severity. Assuming none of the other conditions are met, I’d ask the secoff for reasoning over this and warn them in AHELP but not issue a warning in admin stuff (unless there’s a way to specifically say that this is VERY minor i don’t know about) All in all both are in the wrong. 

The Clown has been constantly slipping, pieing, and messing with other players, including Officers by interfering and messing up their work. Despite being told to stop by others, they've continued. How would you deal with the problem yourself?

If there have been Ahelps about this and it’s seemed to be sufficiently annoying I’d just ask the clown to tone down the pranks. If he doesn’t change his behavior I’d order him arrested as “senior major executive vice manager of centcom” to AoS him over coms and via fax. I believe pranks that aren’t entirely harmful and remain within the boundaries of arrestable IC but not requiring OOC intervention should be handled IC or creativley, because as a clown who is dedicated to being funny nothings more funny than something a admin does to you that’s NOT a straight up ahelp and ban. HOWEVER if his pranks are rule breaking self antag level I’d Ahelp him and issue a formal warning. Depends on if players ahelp him a lot. 

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, not much has happened. All of a sudden, the other admin decides to mess with the round without running a vote on it. It could lead to ruining the round for others rather than be fun. What would you do? 

Depends on if I’m the senior admin or not. I’d give my two cents and tell Kira about this if I’m not senior, if I am senior I’d hear them out over the event, if it’s a shit idea idea tell them to cut it out and propose a good idea or do nothing or just call a vote over it for them if it’s a good idea

Extra notes: how to charge batong