Goob feels different

There has been an influx of admins recently but most of them don't seem to understand what being admin is. I can see goob headed down the same route as wizden and becoming boring. SS14 is a special game 90% of the fun on goob doesn't come from RP but from the players and their individuality and creativity. I think the admins that have recently been added have been more and more enticed by their ability to ban someone and not considering that its an LRP server so therefore its important to know when and why someone is to be banned and also that mild shittery is to be expected. Before someone comes on and says "OH WOW SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT BANNED AND YOU ARE MAD LMAO" allow me to prematurely applaud your keen observation. I'm not mad because I got banned I'm mad because I thought goob would be different from wizden where people would be free to explore and be creative and not have admins on your ass policing the fun out of a prank. I haven't said this enough times its LRP some shittery is to be expected I'm not talking about welder bombing or antagonizing sec nonstop but banning someone for stealing an EVA suit or banning someone for breaking their non atag fellow greytide out of jail is the mildest of crimes also it gives sec something to get busy about in a rather slow round because now they get to arrest 2 waste of space greytiders. The admins seem to forget that they don't get to decide that a round isn't supposed to be policed and played how YOU see fit but to be played by the crew in a way they see as fun. AGAIN LET ME REITERATE SELF ANTAGGING IS NOT CONSIDERED FUN FOR ALL THE SHITTERS WHO MIGHT READ THIS. The real persons that need banning come on late at night and kill you for slipping them then proceed to gib you in maints because they know the admins have gone nappy nappy. This is just something I believe I doubt alot of people will see eye to eye on this. <3

• Game Admin
9 hours ago, Turtleman said:

I haven't said this enough times its LRP some shittery is to be expected I'm not talking about welder bombing or antagonizing sec nonstop but banning someone for stealing an EVA suit or banning someone for breaking their non atag fellow greytide out of jail is the mildest of crimes 

Hey, just a question, when was the last time you read rules before you got banned?

mentor on goob station

• Lead Maintainer

I thought goob would be different from wizden where people would be free to explore and be creative and not have admins on your ass policing the fun out of a prank.

You broke someone out of brig because "sec is bad". This is self-antag. You know it is. If you really believed sec had brigged someone for no reason you should've AHelped it.

Also your so called "freedom to explore and be creative" that Wizden banned you for was writing slurs.
Do better.

dc0pdiv82vea1.jpg.c90142aa44eac514d2a049e9e4762688.jpg

• Game Admin
On 5/2/2024 at 10:50 AM, Turtleman said:

There has been an influx of admins recently but most of them don't seem to understand what being admin is. I can see goob headed down the same route as wizden and becoming boring. SS14 is a special game 90% of the fun on goob doesn't come from RP but from the players and their individuality and creativity.

Are you trying to say that this server is NRP? 

mentor on goob station

3 hours ago, sugar said:

Are you trying to say that this server is NRP? 

I don't think that's what he means by that, I think he means Goob isn't known for RP as much as for the players themselves.

Doesn't mean I agree with him but that's what he's getting at

jesse pinkman breaking bad gif | WiffleGif

On 5/3/2024 at 8:22 PM, Footra said:

I don't think that's what he means by that, I think he means Goob isn't known for RP as much as for the players themselves.

Doesn't mean I agree with him but that's what he's getting at

THANK YOU!! YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO ISNT A SELF RIGHTEOUS DICK. I DID WRITE "KNEE GROWS" ON THE FLOOR IN CRAYON WHEN I WAS ON WIZDEN BUT IS IT REALLY A SLUR WHEN I AM BLACK? I was just in an encounter a while ago where an engi and a scientist killed me because they suspected me as syndicate, I was but its against the rules to actually kill a person you suspect anyone here who will deny that never actually read the rule like almost every goob admin I don't give a fuck what justification thy will provide if its a strict server where shitters are a no no then there should be admins online 24/7 policing the players.

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 12:55 PM, Durk said:

You broke someone out of brig because "sec is bad". This is self-antag. You know it is. If you really believed sec had brigged someone for no reason you should've AHelped it.

Also your so called "freedom to explore and be creative" that Wizden banned you for was writing slurs.
Do better.

My ban on wizden has nothing to do with this topic, good to know that everyone supervising the game and forums are as dumb as a bag of fucking rocks. I know I did a truly stupid thing on wizden it was absolutely ban worthy I don't even try to debate that but breaking someone out of a brig is hardly something an admin needs to intervene in. I hate to say it but I actually miss wizden for that at least the admins and moderators understood the rules even though most of them are a stick in the mud they aren't as stupid as the mods and admins for this server. On wizden you do some shit and sec handles it there isn't an admin intervening in every single thing that happens this server is going to die soon or get jammed packed with wizden rejects. ; ) Have a good one though. Ypu will probably ban me from here too but it will just prove me right. Also you dont need to ahelp every single damn thing it just ruins immersion. Admins are supposed to intervene in gameplay as minimal as possible.

Edited by Turtleman

• Game Admin
34 minutes ago, Turtleman said:

THANK YOU!! YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO ISNT A SELF RIGHTEOUS DICK. I DID WRITE "KNEE GROWS" ON THE FLOOR IN CRAYON WHEN I WAS ON WIZDEN BUT IS IT REALLY A SLUR WHEN I AM BLACK? 

Yes. We all know what you meant... It is still a slur.

mentor on goob station

• CEI
1 hour ago, Turtleman said:

My ban on wizden has nothing to do with this topic, good to know that everyone supervising the game and forums are as dumb as a bag of fucking rocks. I know I did a truly stupid thing on wizden it was absolutely ban worthy I don't even try to debate that but breaking someone out of a brig is hardly something an admin needs to intervene in. I hate to say it but I actually miss wizden for that at least the admins and moderators understood the rules even though most of them are a stick in the mud they aren't as stupid as the mods and admins for this server. On wizden you do some shit and sec handles it there isn't an admin intervening in every single thing that happens this server is going to die soon or get jammed packed with wizden rejects. ; ) Have a good one though. Ypu will probably ban me from here too but it will just prove me right. Also you dont need to ahelp every single damn thing it just ruins immersion. Admins are supposed to intervene in gameplay as minimal as possible.

yip yap as always

this guy is absolutely stupid and needs to checked on, never come back on forums please

actually nor the server, you suck ass.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png

• 2 weeks later...

Holy fuck. I thought i could message Fortnite and he would be cool.
But i read this forum post and see Fortnite thinks he owns SS14?
Wizden is gonna love this.

Why dont you go "Yip yap" when you're IP banned from joining any SS14 server ever again.
oh wait that cant happen? Cause you're head admin of Goob Station? And you'll tell wizden? Tell them what? That you cant take criticism?

"No"

• CEI
11 minutes ago, GrimtyGranule said:

Why dont you go "Yip yap" when you're IP banned from joining any SS14 server ever again.
oh wait that cant happen? Cause you're head admin of Goob Station? And you'll tell wizden? Tell them what? That you cant take criticism?

You are out for my head. You can’t accept a ban that was fairly placed. You can’t stop being a whiny bum. How do you manage to get two mfs to dislike you so badly that it gets you noted in Goob. What is your problem?

You are going batshit insane with your posts that are mostly on me. I’m not the HEAD ADMIN of Goob Station, simply the Owner. If you so much as have a complaint, make it in the complaints session. If you can’t be actually civil about all this, feel free to simply leave.

I actually thought you were cool, but nah. You just overall are a dick if I’m being honest.

8 hours ago, GrimtyGranule said:

Well atleast turtle had a statement to fight for, this dude is just feeling like trowing dickish words against the owner

Doing this next week

• Durkk locked this topic
  • Lead Maintainer

Locking this thread as it's just a shitstorm. If you have actual complaints, make a serious post in staff complaints, that doesnt include insults.

dc0pdiv82vea1.jpg.c90142aa44eac514d2a049e9e4762688.jpg

• CEI
12 hours ago, Agustron24 said:

Well atleast turtle had a statement to fight for, this dude is just feeling like trowing dickish words against the owner

Yeah, ngl Agust is right. Turtle had shit to say despite it not really being it.

Thanks Durk for closing this.