Appeal Only Ban

Space Station 14 Username: RaptorFan   (character name Jojo McJongles)

Banning Admin's SS14 Username: Durkk

Are you banned from the Server or a Job/Department: Server

The reason you were banned: "Metacomms"

Everything that lead to your ban, give a detailed explanation. Relevant info only and don't leave anything important out: I was speaking to two of my friends in discord who had literally never played before, I was introducing them to how to play the game, we all were passengers. So i was indeed talking to people outside of the game about in game information.

Why you should be unbanned: I understand the importance of the metacomming rule, it upholds the integrety of each round, its understandable, and while I do have a bit of a history being an occasional self-antager in a few rounds, my friends were just genuinely expressing interest in this game after I had described it to them. It is difficult to explain the depths of how the game operates through strictly in game chat so I was just going to talk them through one round.

They are literally brand-new players one of my friends who was on the server for literally a total time of 1 minute also received a perm ban because of my actions.

My friends Usernames are also:  Summoningweegee and yodamustibe; in case this is sufficent in this particular case to remove their bans. going forward ill just have them watch some youtube tutorials i suppose/join a random 0 pop server to get them acquainted with the game.

• CEI
13 hours ago, RaptorFan said:

They are literally brand-new players one of my friends who was on the server for literally a total time of 1 minute also received a perm ban because of my actions.

First off, have them literally watch some videos on SS14 as that would’ve been actually better than metacomming.

Another thing.

If you wish to teach a new player, it is recommended to either watch a stream of them playing the game (while not playing yourself) or simply communicate with them using in-character methods of communication.

Just because you are teaching new players does not mean go into the game with them in the SAME VC. Stream the game or like I said, videos.

I’m not sure on whether unbanning your friends too with this appeal is even alright, so I’ll come back on that.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png