Icepick - Admin Application.

------------------------------------------

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: Icepick

What's your Discord Username: icepicked (for friending) / Name on Goob Central: "Cyanide (Icepick)"

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: 598H 11M

How old are you: 17 Years Old.

Have you been banned from the Goob Server last or this month:

I've been banned one time. It was my first round as a Pirate, people didnt like how I was playing, got bwoinked for over-escalation and treating it as Nukies. I slowed down and refrained from harming crew. The round ended and I disconnected, like 2 weeks later I saw that I was actually banned for 4 hours after that round. Other than that, nope. All I have is just a warning about minor Self-Antanging as Mime, it expires in 7 days, as of writing. (Just trespassed in bridge, to use the Comms Console and build a "Mime Containment")

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): SS13 Bee Station 3-4H, Wizden 493H, Goob 598H

Time

How many hours can you admin per week:  I do have school, and a sporadic sleep schedule. So anytime after 3pm really, 20-25 Hours probably.

On what days can you get on to Admin: Pretty much all days of the week.

What timezone are you in: EDT. Eastern Daylight Time.

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:

I appreciate the work and the people behind Goob, aswell as just the server itself. It brought fun back to SS14 after I got bored of Wizden.
I wish to give back to the server, and help the admins that brought a great thing to the game.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:
10-15 of Admining on Goob. (Kira made me admin like 3 times.) (I insulted a person as Kira instructed, and Banned myself.)

image.png.f7cad6b41e95721edf68fed799d8f6c8.png

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:

Admins serve to enforce the rules of the server. They Punish or Ban people who bring the experience of the server down for others, depending of the offense of course.

They are also there to help answer questions of players in need, or (help) run events.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

The server is currently mid-LRP, it does curate players who do RP, and there is a "narrative" that is follow-able by players who join late. It is not just a lawless land with rampant spessmens.

Trying to urge players to RP, and stop people from treating it as NRP can help improve the quality of the server.

The more questions questions. (It's highly recommended you put more than just a single or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

I would appealban them, and warn other admins of their wrongdoings. Contact the two people killed, and give them restitution on anything lost, such as antag tokens if they were killed early in the round. After that, just wait for the offender to contact me, or any other admins.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

I would note their name, and contact them the next time they log in. Warn them not to disconnect from authoritative roles without ahelping an admin.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

I would first tell the Secoff to use less lethal means of de-escalation first, over menial offenses like that.

Then tell the Passenger to not interfere in what security is doing for the sake of being annoying, unless they're an antag.

The Clown has been constantly slipping, pieing, and messing with other players, including Officers by interfering and messing up their work. Despite being told to stop by others, they've continued. How would you deal with the problem yourself?

As long as the clown has not targeted Security to prevent multiple arrests, they have done nothing wrong. Players can sort out the issue IC.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, not much has happened. All of a sudden, the other admin decides to mess with the round without running a vote on it. It could lead to ruining the round for others rather than be fun. What would you do?

Tell the admin that they should've alerted us beforehand, or run a vote. If what they did was egregious, I would contact someone above me.

Screenshot2024-04-30204848.png.183658f960a5d2facd813062d28d1e32.png"          "

Posted (edited)

I do want to add, despite my antics and the responses such as "ima kill you" on the discord. I do intend to take the role of admin seriously.

Edited by Icepick
minor spelling mistake, it's over.

• CEI
2 hours ago, camydooy said:

if ice doesnt get admin, no one iis.

this isnt anything contributing to the app

don't be a peanut poster

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png

1 hour ago, Gtheglorious said:

It has been deemed that this admin app is insufficient in the word department. Please expand on everything.

As advised by Kira, I've rewrote, and tried to go more indepth about it in a new application. Feel free to deny this one, in place for the new one.