Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: 2con

What's your Discord Username: CBozo

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server:

60 hours

How old are you:

Have you been banned from the Goob Server last or this month:

Nope

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s):

Mostly WizDen; I have about 525 hours there.
------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 

at least one hour per day, but that’s the bare minimum. I’ll usually be able to admin for about three or four rounds every day.

On what days can you get on to Admin:

Weekends as a starter. I can also admin during the week on Wednesdays after one PM and most other days after three PM.

What timezone are you in:

Eastern standard time

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:

I would be lying if said I want to admin for completely selfless reasons, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to admin for benefit the community. Everyone who has played on Goob knows that it attracts a certain, for lack of a better term, “crowd.” Since many people perceive Goob as Wizden with more relaxed rules, there is a noticeably higher level of shittery on this server. Now, don’t get the idea that I’m trying to say the current admin team is bad at dealing with trolls and unruly tiders. However, I think the team is a bit spread thin. Sometimes, there aren’t even any admins online. I, along with the entire Goob community, can personally attest to how annoying dealing with shitters on the server can get at times. Usually this isn’t an issue when a well seasoned admin such as G or Durk is online, but when a new admin is online or no admins are online at all, people can get a bit crazy. By applying and hopefully getting accepted for admin, I believe I can help do away with the erroneous notion that Goob is a dumping ground for all the assholes who got themselves banned from Wizden for being jackasses.

As mentioned earlier, I also have my own selfish reasons for wanting to admin on top of the ways I intend to benefit the community. On top of smiting raiders and bwoinking shitters, I also find the idea of running admin events very appealing. Now, I understand that admin events can get repetitive if done too often. However, if I ever run an admin event, I will make sure that I get at least 70% approval from the players if it has a chance at greatly disrupting the round. If I get approval from the players, I have a few ideas for events utilizing the “load prototypes” function in the admin panel. For example, I could use it to create a sort of juggernaut with extremely tanky armor, then arm the crew with similarly custom beefed up weapons. I think ideas like this have the potential to make some very fun and memorable rounds, which is why I want to run them. As always, with stuff like this, moderation is key. I don’t want to give off the impression that this is something I’d do every or even every three rounds. The rarity of admin events is what makes them exciting and fun and is something I wouldn’t want to ruin.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:

Nope, no adminning experience.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:

I’ll try to keep this concise. This can greatly depend on who’s adminning. Different admins have different styles and play different roles in giving this community its charm and character. Some are quicker to utilize a more hands on approach and use their privileges to directly impact the direction of the round, while others take a more backseat approach by only removing raiders and shitters who ruin the round. That being said, I feel the need to make a least one good thesis here. The role of a good admin is that of a good dungeon master. You should set and enforce the rules and boundaries of the game, but after that, you should let the players themselves dictate how the round plays out.

Space Station 14 isn’t a game you play to win. Sure, it’s fun to fully greentext as an antag or robust a nukie as a passenger every once in a while, but this is a game you tell stories about. This is due to the extremely open-ended nature of Space Station 14. Admins serve to accentuate and protect this facet of the game. In line with what a good DM does, admins can make particularly boring rounds more fun by giving the crew a challenge (with their consent of course.) On top of the aforementioned accentuation, they also serve an important role in defending the open ended nature of this game from people who abuse it. This is because for every creatively hilarious idea or gimmick someone can do in a round, there are an uncountable amount of equally unfunny and even more annoying things they can do too. Aside from doing away with raiders and other blatant griefers, it’s an admins responsibility to make sure that all of what happens in a round falls squarely into the former category and doesn’t unduly ruin the experience of others.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

Another tough question. First of all, I think that this server is a solid LRP server with hints of NRP when things get a bit wackier. However, I don’t think that there really is a way to “improve” a server’s role play status. The best RP status is whichever one the players want at the moment. If it’s 12 AM and all 20 players are chill with people going a little bit lighter on the RP, I’m not going to bwoink someone for using a bit of text speak in IC. Maybe I’ll subtle message them, but an admin message is pretty unnecessary. However, if its peak hours ( more than 25-ish players) and there’s a solid RP atmosphere, I’ll definitely bwoink someone for blatantly powergaming, using OOC speak in IC and other petty offenses.

If that doesn’t answer your question though, and you want to keep the server strictly LRP at all times 24/7. I’d probably just watch global chat for OOC terms not caught by the filter and monitor hotbeds for powergaming, like armory, for rule-breakers. Besides bwoinking/banning the obvious shitters and raiders, these are really the only things you can enforce on LRP, as anything more would be encroaching on the liberty extended to people in LRP to do crazier stuff not permitted on other RP levels.

The more questions questions. (It's highly recommended you put more than just a single or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

As a starter, leaving before you get ahelped (ahelp evasion) for an offense like this is an automatic appeal only ban. I’d indefinitely ban them with a note describing the situation. As for the victims of the RDM, it depends. If they are unlikely to be revived or are gibbed I’d admin message them and tell them whats going to happen, then rejuvenate them/respawn them. But, if there’s a good chance that someone will find them and bring them to med, I’d just let the situation play out.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

This is yet another situation where it depends on what kind of round it is. If it’s a very low-pop situation with less than 25 people, at most I’ll give them one of those messages that pop up the next time you join explaining the situation to them and asking them to not do it again. However, if it’s a mid/high-pop round with more than 25 people I’d give them a warning (per the admin guidelines) and give them a similar popup message to the first situation. As this is the first time this has happened, no further action should be necessary.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

Well, I think this is ironically one of the simplest situations of all of these. First I’d warn the passenger for violating griefing rules and maybe remove/kick them from from the round if they have committed multiple similar offenses in that same round. The officer is even simpler to address. I’d give them a warning for being incompetent in their role and leave it at that.

The Clown has been constantly slipping, pieing, and messing with other players, including Officers by interfering and messing up their work. Despite being told to stop by others, they've continued. How would you deal with the problem yourself?

I don’t see this being an issue that requires much if any admin intervention. A clown having more than 3-5 pies in a single round is a rarity and those are the only real “threat” to security. If security has brigged the clown over slipping multiple times (4 or more) and they haven’t stopped, I’d ahelp or subtly message the HoS and give them the go-ahead to permabrig the clown if they hadn’t done so already.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, not much has happened. All of a sudden, the other admin decides to mess with the round without running a vote on it. It could lead to ruining the round for others rather than be fun. What would you do?

Another situation where the answer is a resounding it depends. First, I ask them to either stop or to run a vote. If they run a vote and act accordingly with the outcome of it, great! No further action would be needed. However, if they ignore me, I would deadmin them if I have perms over them. If I don’t have greater perms than them, I’d DM Kira or another head admin that does have greater perms. If they derail the round before a head admin can get online and stop them, I’d start handing out antag tokens to the antags whose round was ruined.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

"sv_cheats 1"

-Sun Tzu