Icepick - Admin Application Yap-ier Edition

What's your Space Station 14 Username: Icepick

What's your Discord Username: icepicked (for friending) / Name on Goob Central: "Cyanide (Icepick)"

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: 598H 11M

How old are you: 17 Years Old.

Have you been banned from the Goob Server last or this month:

I've been banned one time. It was my first round as a Pirate, people didnt like how I was playing, got bwoinked for over-escalation and treating it as Nukies. I slowed down and refrained from harming crew. The round ended and I disconnected.

Like 2 weeks later (exaggerated, but it was still a long time after.) I saw that I was actually banned for 4 hours after that round, I contacted CMDR-JohnAlex as they were the one who gave me the ban, I explained my actions and they said it was resolved.
image.thumb.png.d9c2f46f61a1c2db26530f6f0374ba09.png

Other than that ban, the only actual meaningful admin note I have received is from Kira. I received it for minor Self-Antaging as Mime.

I hid a disposals behind a tree and constructed a pipe that went into Bridge, HoP, and Cap's room, it was rng where it actually went. I only used it to build a joke "Mime Containtment" which was railings surrounded a chair in bridge. A LoneOp showed up and I used the disposal to get into caps room and use their items to kill the LoneOp. Kira said that this is (kinda) okay since I used it after seeing the threat. As of (re-writing) this has expired, and is no longer on my admin notes (for me)
image.png.6dd4c494d5feb1c2849d4d5b9d43fd00.png

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): SS13 Bee Station 3-4H, Wizden 493H, Goob 628H 44M

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week:  I do have school, and a sporadic sleep schedule. So anytime after 3pm really, 20-25 Hours probably.

On what days can you get on to Admin: Pretty much all days of the week.

What timezone are you in: EDT. Eastern Daylight Time.

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:

My previous application was my condensed thoughts, and was meant to be short and "real".Ill expand on this one.

When I first started playing SS14, I completely stuck to Wizden's Levi server. I managed to get around 500 hours on it alone, I also played on Salamander, but not as much. I became very burnt-out of the players of the server. Rounds of nothing happening and Command members overstepping, then Syndicate rounds of game wide known players that just destroy the entire station.

I was sick of it, and joined goob for the first time, to a completely tider overrun Box Station, and an immediate Deathsquad being called. But instead of instant toxicity over the radio by the command, - like I would see on Levi - instead it was actually "RP"'ed by the players, in a way that everyone thought was fun.

Ive seen the issues with Goob, such as Raiders, Self-Antaging, NRP players, and the Completely Oblivious Sec :godo:

I've always aided in Admin-ing on Multiplayer games that my friends had servers for, as the enjoyment of the game made me want to make sure that it ran smoothly for everyone.

As for Goob, I want to help in keeping the server running smoothly, and prevent issues from rule breakers. I want to aid in the efforts of the admins, help run events for the players, and bring the experience up for everyone.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:
10-15 of Admining on Goob. (Kira made me admin like 3 times.) (I insulted a person as Kira instructed, and Banned myself.)

image.png.f7cad6b41e95721edf68fed799d8f6c8.png

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:

Admins serve to enforce the rules of the server. They Punish or Ban people who bring the experience of the server down for others, depending of the offense of course.

They are also there to help answer questions of players in need, or (help) run events.

Admins are also one of the faces of the server. Friendly, Funny, and (depending on the person) Professional Admins help make a connection between the players of the server and its staff, that help curate a better playerbase.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

The server is currently mid-LRP, it does curate players who do RP, and there is a "narrative" that is follow-able by players who join late. It is not just a lawless land with rampant spessmens.

Raising the "status" of the RP in the server is not the easiest, as it completely depends on the players of the server.

A way you can try to aid in bringing the RP level up is running events that require Roleplay, like NT inspector.
Urging players to not treat it as NRP between rounds can help improve the quality of the server, with differing success.

The more questions questions. (It's highly recommended you put more than just a single or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Firstly, The RDM note and the newly killed two people would add up to a Third Offense for RDM. I would alert a admin above me consult on a punishment. My decision would be a note for Ahelp evasion along with a appeal ban. I would then wait for the person to contact myself, or another admin about the appeal.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

I would add a note that mentions their non-ahelped disconnect in a authoritative role, and then write their name down. The next time I see them on, I'd let them know to ahelp an admin before disconnecting from important roles.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

Depending on the Alert level of the station, and current known threat to the station. There are different ways an admin could go about it.

For a Green level, I would first tell the Security Officer to use their less than lethal means of de-escalation to stop the passenger, and only use their weapon if necessary when there is no threat to themselves.

For Blue Level, I would tell the officer to only use their weapon if the passenger is a perceived threat, such as holding a weapon, or wearing contraband.

For Red Level, I wouldn't tell the officer anything, as the current level of the station means that the passenger, and the cuffed person could be active threats to the station.

For all levels, I would tell the passenger to not mess with an arrest for the sake of just trying to be an issue for them. They shouldn't interfere in the Security Officers job if they're not an antag.

The Clown has been constantly slipping, pieing, and messing with other players, including Officers by interfering and messing up their work. Despite being told to stop by others, they've continued. How would you deal with the problem yourself?

The clown is allowed to entertain the crew of the station, slipping is part of this umbrella. Slipping is not against the rules of the server, this does not require admin interventions. As the players can sort this issue out In character, without the need of myself or other admins.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, not much has happened. All of a sudden, the other admin decides to mess with the round without running a vote on it. It could lead to ruining the round for others rather than be fun. What would you do?

I would let the admin know that they shouldve consulted with all currently active admins, and possibly the players themselves, before they alter the round heavily. If what they did was egregious, I would contact an admin above me.

Screenshot2024-04-30204848.png.183658f960a5d2facd813062d28d1e32.png"          "