Ban Appeal

Space Station 14 Username: plushiecannon

Banning Admin's SS14 Username: CodyPencil

Are you banned from the Server or a Job/Department: Server

The reason you were banned: the stated reason was so long it went beyond my screen so I can't quote it exactly, suffice it to say I had an argument with codypencil.

Everything that lead to your ban, give a detailed explanation. Relevant info only and don't leave anything important out:

I joined and the instant I arrived on station I saw what I thought was a CC announcement declaring that everyone is getting AA. I didn't think of this as suspicious because this server does admemes all the time, it's normal. Some sci staff member I think came into sec, clearly with AA, and asked me if I minded if they took HoS drip. I told them no, and I watched them, and that's all they took even with the WT550 right in front of them. There was a captain ID in the HoS locker for some reason. I decided that if everyone's getting AA then giving it to myself isn't a problem, so I did. Then codypencil admin messages me instantly and calls me incompetent so I told him to fuck off, as anyone would.

Why you should be unbanned:

Because it was an honest mistake that had zero repercussions for the round, that I fixed instantly, and cody was being a complete asshole and insulting me for no fucking reason and didn't care that it was an accident. This could have been handled with a single message and he didn't have to be an ass about it, I was amenable and calm to start with. He banned me literally in the middle of what was about to become a shootout, where my character could have been looted for sec gear, and probably was.

Screenshot from 2024-05-23 00-37-46.png

1 hour ago, plushiecannon said:

@Averi I don't understand why Cody chose to provoke that argument and insult me. That's not how I started out.

still its the best idea to be respectful to staff.. oh well

i hate forums.

she/her

• CEI
1 hour ago, plushiecannon said:

@Averi I don't understand why Cody chose to provoke that argument and insult me. That's not how I started out.

Huh?

You legit were not provoked. You infact ended it all by telling the guy to “get a life”. I see nowhere about an insult unless you mean “incompetencey”. If you so much as wanna call the dude an asshole too, you’ve gotta be messing with me.

Let’s also talk about on how it was a note at first it seems, and not a full on ban at first… Either they meant it was gonna be a note at first, or note and ban…

I see Cody really being the calm one here, and not telling you to “fuck off” or anything. 

Just because the server is known for admeme events (though i never thought that at all), does not mean assume gaming right there. Ahelp and ask.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png

• CEI

Never mind, you took them saying they they were giving you a note on incompetency (literally in the ban policy, so I don’t think they were TRYING to exactly insult you, but rather say the violation)

If im actually missing anything, feel free to correct. I could be wrong or anything soo, shoot your shit.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png

(literally in the ban policy, so I don’t think they were TRYING to exactly insult you, but rather say the violation)

I see. Normally when someone says you're incompetent they mean it personally, I'd have reacted differently if I knew this. That being said, I still think it's excessive for something I fixed right away, I was online for like five minutes total.

@CodyPencil Sorry for telling you to fuck off and get a life.

still its the best idea to be respectful to staff.. oh well

You're not wrong, but would you be anything but miffed if you thought someone needlessly insulted you? That's not what happened here after all, but still.