Admin Application | basic pack

• Game Admin
Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: basic_pack

What's your Discord Username: basicpack

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: Admittedly may be lower than 40 hours. ~16 hours have been spent tempminning, and by my estimation, that's a decent majority of the time I've actually spent on Goob.

How old are you: 18.

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server: No.

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): I have over a thousand hours total in 14, with a large majority of that time spent on Wizden. At least 800 hours confirmed in Wizden. I have some mild playtime (around 50 hours) on Frontier, and some very low (a few rounds) playtime in Delta-V. I have played on 13 a minor amount, likely totaling around a couple dozen hours.

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: My future schedule is very uncertain, but currently I can admin at least a few hours every day, often past midnight.

On what days can you get on to Admin: Most days should be fine for me - I do not have any specific scheduling preventing me from admining on specific days of the week. 

What timezone are you in: CDT.

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: I've had a minor interest in admining for quite a while. I dislike feeling powerless or near-powerless to stop blatant rule breaking, and was often quite frustrated on Wizden when there was nobody online to handle issues during the times I played. It's also, admittedly, just very fun to admin and use the powers to help players enjoy the game.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: I have not.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: I don't really think admins serve one specific role. The two major roles that come to mind would be Game Mastering and Moderation. Ensuring the game runs smoothly - keeping everybody enjoying it and ensuring occasional balance or events to keep the game healthy - as well as keeping the rules enforced.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: I believe my personal experience overlooking the roleplay has been slightly tarnished due to the PCtide, but from what I've seen outside of completely new individuals and rule breakers, the game is a mix of genuinely good LRP and some genuinely bad NRP. Personally, I think the current rules are a very good way to keep RP decent without being overly restrictive, and I'd like to see what the state of the game is after the current dust has settled before suggesting any other particular changes.

The more questions questions. (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Personally, I would just temporarily ban them. I believe any form of indefinite ban would be slightly too harsh for a second event and against only two people. I would also check to see if they had said/done anything before the RDM to determine how long the temporary ban should be. Likely at least a week, though. I would also rejuvenate the two individuals RDM'd, assuming they were not already getting IC medical treatment.    

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

Put a note on them. I would likely leave it at that, assuming the situation is not particularly bad. If they disconnected during something like a warops game, I might include a temporary job ban. A first time offense can be readily excused, though, and things happen outside of the game.    

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

To me, it's obvious that both parties are in the wrong. A passenger should not be interfering with arrests and overall making security's life hell without any purpose. The security officer should not have immediately escalated to lethals, assuming this was the first time the passenger had actually committed a serious crime. In this case, I would likely see if the situation escalates any further before making an action. If the security officer lets the passenger get the medical attention, I would probably just warn both parties and tell them to look over escalation rules in the future. If the security officer chases the passenger down to crit them, I would also include a note & be more directly assertive with the warning. If the behavior continues from either, I would temp ban the passenger and/or temp ban + temp job ban the security officer.

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?
Warn for powergaming. Put a low severity note on them. Keep an eye on them in future rounds.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

If the detective is aware that the passenger still has a stun baton, I would excuse the escalation - may ahelp them to get context in the event that I'm unsure. If the passenger has no stun baton and the detective is aware of this, they will get warned for over escalation.

I would likely not take action against the clown, as their job gives them at least some leniency when it comes to being kind of an asshole to security, and it did not get in the way of security doing their jobs.

The passenger would get a warning for drastically over escalating with security without any proper reason.

The security officer who attempted to arrest the clown for vandalism would not get ahelped, as vandalism is a crime under space law.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

I would have asked the command member why they were using the contraband, ask them to return it, and leave it at a warning unless the misuse was severe and resulted in other rule breaks.
To the admin, I would likely tell them in admin chat that the ruling was incorrect, quickly try to re-assert in ahelp that the ruling was incorrect, and try to smooth things over with the admin afterward in case they are annoyed. I may also tell them to double check while I handle the rest of the ahelp, to ensure that an argument isn't had.   

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about: I've been enjoying my experience as a tempmin and I'd be happy to continue as an trial or fullmin. The staff has been generally fun to work with as well. I feel that I would enjoy sinking a significant amount of time into this. 

godo.png.4aa4dde0dba150c98d5bdcab37fc591c.png