KikiBubu's Admin Application

What's your Space Station 14 Username: KikiBubu

What's your Discord Username: KikiBubu

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: About 40 hours or so.

How old are you: 24

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server: No

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): Wizden, Delta-V, and Frontier for a little bit [Less than 10 hours]

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 5 - 10 hours or so [1-2 hours per day roughly]

On what days can you get on to Admin: Every day after 10pm or so.

What timezone are you in: EST

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:

Well, there's a few reasons. Firstly, I'd like to help out Central Command. Most of the time, perhaps as NTR rep or Captain, faxes aren't usually answered promptly. I'd like to add a little roleplay variety and give the NTR reps a bit more spice to their shifts. As well as this, ERT responses could also be expanded upon a bit. I think the server is a chill place for the most part and I just wish to enhance the experience as best I could. I believe I have a decent amount of experience running a command slot and could enhance the experience. Of course, I'll also try my best to help the server maintain a decent standard in terms of following the rules and a bit of roleplay. 

Have you admined for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:

I've never held an admin role before and I have no experience using admintools but I'm willing to learn.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:

I believe admins serve two functions. First, they obviously punish rule breakers and help the server maintain a decent quality. As well as this though, admins serve to enhance the roleplay from interactions with central command and ERTs as well as varying events to keep the playerbase content and full of passion for the game. 

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

I think goob is an LRP server. As I mentioned in my previous replies, I want to enhance the experience for the players, especially command members, by improving the communication with CentComm. In my experience, admins are usually flooded but having one or two admins a bit more dedicated to CentComm communications could help out command get more things done on the station. It'll also give the playerbase a bit more to look forward too.

The more questions questions. (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Firstly, I would issue a temporary ban due to the fact that they RDMed people and the trend seems to be continuing. Hopefully, I would be able to send them a discord message or communicate with them another way indicating that this behavior is a problem. If they rejoin the server, I would attempt to adminhelp them explaining the situation. If they disconnect again, a more permanent ban would be in issue due to the RDMing in the past and leaving during an ahelp. [They could obviously leave if they had an emergency or something but we won't assume this for now].

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

Well, we can't assume that the captain disconnected maliciously. Perhaps their power went off or they had an emergency that couldn't wait. In that case I'd leave a note and try to get in touch with them telling them that they should inform command if possible before leaving [unless it's an absolute emergency, in that case it should be okay].

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

This depends... on if the passenger player is an antag or not. In both cases, the officer is in the wrong. If the passenger player is an antag, then they can cause some harm to the running of the station provided it isn't excessive or unreasonable. Thus, the player should be fine in this case. Ideally though, antags should try to fulfill their objective before messing with other issues. If the passenger isn't an antag, then they should try to stay in their lane. If the player is new - perhaps a few ahelp messages telling them about the problem could help. In both cases though, the security officer shouldn't escalate to lethal measures. Ideally they should detain both of them if possible and a note should be written on their profile at a bare minimum and ahelp should be sent. 

You see a chemist who has only made baisc meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?

Well, the chemist should prioritize their job first and they did by making basic meds. However, making uranium foam grenades without a really good reason [like Captain or HoS telling them] isn't a good idea. If they roll sleeper antag, they can continue making the foam grenades but they should try to play their role a bit better and help the station by making more advanced meds. If they didn't roll sleeper [and this happens] a quick message should be enough telling them that they should atleast try to be neutral to the station or give a benefit in some way as a chemist. 

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

The security officer and the clown have done nothing wrong within the rules of the game. Freedom of speech is allowed and the security guard is within their right to arrest the clown and bring the matter to the warden to discuss charges. if the clown did something more malicious like lubing the front of security, an ahelp message should be sent at least. The passenger should ideally be arrested as what they've done is definitely a crime under space law. As they passenger has a weapon [and we don't know their intent], the detective may be forced to use lethal force against the passenger. Ideally though, the detective should try to non lethal them and arrest them. If the detective brings the passenger to med bay, patches them up and arrest them, the detective is fine although critting people unless you have to isn't good practice. 

In short, the security office, the clown and detective are within their rights although the detective should at least try to non lethally disable the passenger and the clown could maybe loosen up on the negativity just a touch.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

Well, the command staff should be held to a higher standard than the average player. I would ask them why they are misusing the contraband and to knock it off. I'd talk to the other admin about their ruling and if it isn't too severe - just tell them about the rule they misread. [if they just left a bad note or something along those lines]. If the punishment is more severe, I'd talk to the admin and try to get the punished removed. If that fails, messages a head admin would be necessary. 

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about: N/A