Icepick - Admin Application.

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username:

What's your Discord Username: Cyanide (Icepick) / for friending its "icepicked"

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: 667 Hours 1 Minutes as of writing

How old are you: 17

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server: Once for 4 hours, over escalating as a first time pirate, was cleared up with by the Admin who banned me.
image.thumb.png.b187e5a1d4f0da225a011c6fce62743b.png

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): Wizden 598H 11M. SS13 Monkestation 4-6 hours.

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 20-25 Hours, rough estimate.

On what days can you get on to Admin: Any day, I do have school, but I dont really do much outside of my house, so im typically free.

What timezone are you in: Eastern Daylight Saving Time

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:

I have had a interest in admining for Goob since around my 200ish hour mark, as I have seen the near constant "attacks" by raiders, and wish to help out. Whenever I play on mulitplayer servers (in other games) with friends I typically like to aid in how they are run, as I like to see the thing I love to play on flourish without fail.

The raiders, Self-Antags, and dubious players have become a direct harm to Goobs reputation, I have seen the effects of this on places like Reddit, with people calling Goob the place people who got banned on Wizden go to self-antag. I wish to change this stereotype and improve the experience for all players.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:

Kira made me admin for like a total of 10-15 minutes on Goob. I am a veteran admin as such :godo:
image.png.04c8e52598347f104311f3a8242516fa.png

image.png.d405a63d0190239fad0f12a9315b6136.png

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:
Game admins are there to enforce the rules, punish or warn those who do not follow them, and solve player related issues that occur on the server.
Game admins are also the face of the server, They represent the people who run them, and are often the first thing people go to when criticizing it. Their job is to maintain a state of order, and build relations with the community through events, memes, and friendliness.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

The current roleplay-status of the server is LRP, this has been admitted by the server owner, and the admins. So I do not believe they're aiming towards MRP.

Improving the roleplay of the server would mean cutting down on the reckless, and frankly NRP things most players do. This is not the easiest task, as this would require admins to be watching every player to see if they're treating they're chemistry role as a chemist, and not an engineer.

The more questions questions. (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?
I would check the logs to see if there was a reason for the attacks, if not, I would appeal ban them, as of the now 3 RDM's that they have committed is grounds for it. I would add a watchlist note that says they are prone to RDM'ing. As they have disconnected, they are unable to try to explain their actions, and are likely trying to avoid the Ahelp and or punishment.

I would let the other admins, and admin above me know of this in Admin chat, and proceed with monitoring the round.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

I would add a note warning them to not disconnect from Authoritative roles without Ahelping and admin, and letting other command know. If I see them again later on, I would let them know of this note and not to do it. As some people do not know you can do "adminremarks" to check notes about themselves. ( I didnt even know this until like 200 hours into playing on goob lol)

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?
I would bwoink the passenger and tell them to not interfere with arrests without purpose, and especially if they're not an antagonist. 

Bwoinking the Seccie is not necessary, as for all they knew, the passenger could be trying to save his partner in crime. But If I would bwoink them for anything, I would tell them to maybe use their less-than-lethal means of stopping the passenger.  (Accidentally added a background-colour to this, oops)

You see a chemist who has only made baisc meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?

I would bwoink them and warn them that a chemist does not need to prepare those materials in a shift, especially if there is no known threat to the station. They were procuring materials to make something illegal and dangerous before they became, or knew they would become a Syndicate. I would tell them to not power game, and not to make weapons as a non-antagonist if there is no active threat to the station.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

The Clown has not done anything that warrants Admin intervention, as their job is to be annoying, and entertain everyone except Security. The players can sort that issue out In Character.

The Passenger will be warned to not interfere in the Security Officers interactions if they do not have a reason to do so.

The Secoff has done nothing wrong, except getting slipped for the four-hundreadth time. The arrest is warranted as the clown is vandalizing Security, which is an IC "issue".

The Detective is in the right, as all they know is that a passenger slipped and stunned/assaulted two officers to aid in the clowns get-away, and ran with the stun baton. They are alone in maints, and the passenger has a tool that can easily lead to the detective being cuffed or dying. The over-escalation is warranted in this scenario.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout (MINOR SPELLING MISTAKE, G RETIRE FROM ADMIN!!!) the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

I would tell the Command member to not wear, use, or carry Contraband unless in a scenario which would either aid in saving your life, others lives, or preventing it from being used by antagonists. If they are not in possession of the contraband for these reason, I would tell them to put it in Armoury, hand it to Security, or put it in the Vault.

I would then correct the other admin, and tell them to either not interfere in anothers ahelp without reason, or warn me before doing so. As well as advise them to check the rules again.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

Edited by Icepick
Minor spelling mistake, its over.

Screenshot2024-04-30204848.png.183658f960a5d2facd813062d28d1e32.png"          "