Enzymes

What's your Discord Username:

zymi

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server:

Only a few hours. 

How old are you:

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server:

No.

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s):

SS13 - Baystation - around 700 hours. 

SS13 - Yogstation - around 200 hours. 

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 

At least 4 hours per day. 

On what days can you get on to Admin:

All days all week. I am unemployed currently :/

What timezone are you in:

UTC +1

------------------------------------------

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:

I want to spread joy and excitement to everyone playing. Everything from moderating away trolls to helping in special events would be awesome. I as a person feel a lot of empathy for others which is in itself a reward whenever I can help. Through my work IRL as a biochemist, I can accept critique without any issue as I love to improve and listen to others. I always aim for everyone to have a fair and joyful experience. I am prepared to make tough decisions to follow server rules, even if I recieve backlash from the player, and I will only show reason and respect back. As a person I am also a curious type, which means that I would love to spice things up in a round to make it exiting, and to craft unique story events for everyone to follow. Of course, it shouldnt be too interruptive or feel unfair to anyone, and it should be in good taste. 

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:

I have not adminned before. Closest I have done is working with the developer team in Baystation with bugtesting and implementing new things. 

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:

To make sure everyone follow the server rules in game. Whether it be metagaming or ERP, the game admin make sure this doesn't happen. As a side job, I would guess the game admin is capable of making the rounds more exciting, by adding ghostroles, or antags to the mix. 

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

The roleplay status currently is the lowest possible without breaking any rules. Necessarily not a bad thing its just the way a server is drawn to if it isn't high RP. If someone is allowed to low-RP it will spread to others, and lower the whole server to that standard. I don't think making this server high-RP is the way to go. Rather, I would try to incentivize people to medium-RP at least, or reward them for doing so. 

-----------------------------------------

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Firstly, I would try to gather information to understand what actually happened. Then check if any of their actions violated any server rules. Most of the time and RDM would probably violate roleplay-rules 3. Roleplay a normal person, 12. Don't abandon your role. 13. Stick to your role.  11. Follow reasonable escalation and maybe core-rule 2. Don't be a dick. Given that the person isn't an antagonist, I would question them and witnesses if any of these rules were broken. Then apply a fitting sentance according to server rules while showing full respect regardless of their behaviour. 

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

It can happen to anybody. Since its the first time, only a friendly reminider that as a high command job you are expected to play it properly throughout the round. 

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

I would warn the passanger that they must comply with ANY command the crew gives them, as they are the lowest possible rank in the hierarchy. Its okey to be a little bit cheeky as a passanger, but freeing criminals is going too far. I would warn the Security Officer of using lethals instantly, and instead try to use non-lethals first. I would also check the history of both players and see if this is a commonly occuring thing. If not, I would only give them the stated warning in a friendly and respectful manner and let the round continue. 

You see a chemist who has only made baisc meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?

I would first ask them what they intended to do with the grenade before they became a syndie. If they intended to generally cause devastation as a non-antag chemist, I would interfere and give them a warning that they must follow rule 6. "Don't act like an antagonist unless game tells you to". As a syndie, they have a greater freedom in using it. It was simply lucky of them rolling an antag role after aquiring it. I am not personally familiar with uranium foam grenades and their effects, so I would probably ask another admin what would happen. 

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

The writings of the clown could be seen as vandalism. But the secoff should instead begin with a warning and gently tell the clown to stop it. After repeated offences, the clown could be arrested for vandalism. But instead of being stunned and cuffed, the secoff could've simply asked them to come to the brig and serve a small time and then let them out again. If the clown resisted arrest, then the officer is in the right to stun and cuff them. The passanger broke the server rules 6/11, of not being an antag and not using reasonable escalation. The history of the passanger player would need to be checked. If they show understanding in the server rules, and apologizes for their wrongdoings, I would let them go. The detective escalated too quickly with lethals, and should've used verbal commands and non-lethal methods first. I would respectully remind them of this. 

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

I would've respected the other admins attempt at a rule clarification and even thanked them for it, but continued with the definition I understand as correct. I would've told the command staff member that they should follow what I told them and not the other admin. Later in private, I would have a chat with the other admin regarding the misunderstanding of the rule and try to be as respectful as possible. I would've not seen the other admins action as "interrupting", rather as a way to try and learn others about a rule, which is noble in itself, even if you might've misunderstood it yourself. 

• Game Admin

Your admin application is good, but unfortunately we require a minimum of 40 hours playtime on Goob. Thus this is Denied, for now.

Feel free to re-apply if you gain the required playtime. Also, being an active member in our discord will make your admin application more enticing.

image.png.11a0d8cab615fa1b83eec54fc3c3aa1d.png