Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: cbozo

What's your Discord Username: CBozo

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server:

88 hours

How old are you:

Have you been banned from the Goob Server last or this month:

Nope

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s):

Mostly WizDen; I have about 525 hours there.
------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 

at least one hour per day, but that’s the bare minimum. I’ll usually be able to admin for about two or three rounds every day.

On what days can you get on to Admin:

Weekends as a starter. I can also admin during the week on Wednesdays after one PM and most other days after three PM.

What timezone are you in:

Eastern standard time

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:

Trying not to beat a dead horse here, but Goob has shitters, like a lot of shitters. One round, two non-antag clowns broke into bridge just to steal AA because… they were in a funny mood? Though this moment was alleviated by admin intervention, there have been situations where there aren’t enough admins online to deal with everything that’s happening. If I had to make an educated guess I’d say that Wiz Den has at least three admins on at any given time; this isn’t the case for Goob. Considering most people’s propensity to not ahelp issues, moderating a round solo as an admin is beyond challenging to do well. If I get accepted for admin, it will be one more admin watching for shitters, raiders. This is even more so the case now that there are hundreds of new players spiking the Goob player count up to 150 players some times. While most of the new players are well-intentioned, they can preoccupy admins and distract them from large issues.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:

N/A

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:

I’ll try to keep this concise. This can greatly depend on who’s adminning. Different admins have different styles and play different roles in giving this community its charm and character. Some are quicker to utilize a more hands on approach and use their privileges to directly impact the direction of the round, while others take a more backseat approach by only removing raiders and shitters who ruin the round and letting players handle some issues IC. That being said, I feel the need to make a least one good thesis here. The role of a good admin is that of a good dungeon master. You should set and enforce the rules and boundaries of the game, but after that, you should let the players themselves dictate how the round plays out.

Space Station 14 isn’t a game you play to win. Sure, it’s fun to fully greentext as an antag or robust a nukie as a passenger every once in a while, but this is a game you tell stories about. This is due to the extremely open-ended nature of Space Station 14. Admins serve to accentuate and protect this facet of the game. In line with what a good DM does, admins can make particularly boring rounds more fun by giving the crew a challenge (with their consent of course.) On top of the aforementioned accentuation, they also serve an important role in defending the open ended nature of this game from people who abuse it. Aside from doing away with raiders and other blatant griefers, it’s an admins responsibility to make sure that all of what happens in a round falls squarely into the former category and doesn’t unduly ruin the experience of others.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

First of all, I think that this server is a solid LRP server. When writing my first admin application, I thought you can’t improve a server’s RP status and that letting the players determine the RP status of the current round was a genuinely good idea, which it would be if rounds were completely isolated from one another. However, rounds don’t exist in a vacuum and every admin action sets a precedent. If we want to improve this server’s RP status, consistent enforcement of rules is paramount. If rules are enforced differently in different situations, like relaxing their enforcement when there are few people online, people carry that perception of the rules into other rounds where they may be inappropriate. It’s for this reason that I think that the best way to improve this server’s RP status is to consistently enforce rules in almost all situations besides those in which bending them is absolutely necessary.

The more questions questions. (It's highly recommended you put more than just a single or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

As a starter, leaving before you get ahelped (ahelp evasion) for an offense like this is an automatic appeal only ban. I’d indefinitely ban them with a note describing the situation. As for the victims of the RDM, it depends. If they are unlikely to be revived or are gibbed I’d admin message them and tell them whats going to happen, then rejuvenate them/respawn them. But, if there’s a good chance that someone will find them and bring them to med, I’d just let the situation play out.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

Originally, I thought that this should be handled differently depending on how many people were online. However, I don’t think this is the case any more. If someone goes SSD mid-round as a very important role on a low-pop server without giving anyone any prior warning and they don’t get warned, the key takeaway for most people is that they can SSD from important roles without repercussion without any consideration for the current population of the round. This may encourage people to do the same thing in other rounds with higher populations where the impacts could be much worse. As such, I’d give them a warning with a pop up the next time they join.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

Well, I think this is ironically one of the simplest situations of all of these. First I’d warn the passenger for violating griefing rules, since interfering with an arrest outside of a reasonable conflict falls under harassment. The officer is even simpler to address. I’d give them a warning for being incompetent in their role because they made no attempt to use non-lethal force to subdue the passenger.

You see a chemist who has only made baisc meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?
  While it would be completely okay for them to make uranium foam grenades if they had already been a syndie, attempting to do so before knowing for certain that you are a syndie is powergaming. More officially, this is “Preparing items not needed IC.” As long as this was a first time offense, I would give them a warning, as outlined in the Goob Station Wiki.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

For the first situation involving the clown, I’d really need to be in-game to know more about what happened up to that point. There are rules around harassing roles/players/departments, but they only apply outside of reasonable conflicts. As such, I’d need to know more about the round to make a ruling. I’d give the secoff a warning for being incompetent in their role. They should have given the clown a warning before outright arresting them. Though, like the previous case, being in-game and knowing the finer details of the situation would help me come to better conclusion. As for what the passenger did, I’d say it falls squarely under harassment outside of a reasonable conflict. Thus, I’d warn them if it was their first offense. Lastly, what the detective did was similar to what the secoff did, but it leaves less room for interpretation. Since the above situation describes no attempt by the detective to non-lethally detain the passenger, it’s a case of incompetence in a role and will result in a warn.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

While this situation isn’t specifically mentioned in the admin banning policy, I’d say that failure to know basic in-character restrictions falls under “Unreasonable incompetence in role.” In line with what is prescribed under the banning policy, I’d give them a warning if it was their first offense. In order to deal with the blatantly wrong admin, I’d try to talk to them in the admin text channel and cite the specific rule in the Goob admin banning policy. It also wouldn’t be the end of the world if the dispute needed to be settled out of the round if other pressing matters arose.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

N/A

"sv_cheats 1"

-Sun Tzu