Ban Appeal

Space Station 14 Username: m333sh

Banning Admin's SS14 Username: NoSugarPlumNovember

Are you banned from the Server or a Job/Department: Server (playing as botanist)

The reason you were banned: Raider; killed like 3 people

Everything that lead to your ban, give a detailed explanation. Relevant info only and don't leave anything important out: I was gasping for oxygen as I was plant-be-goning all of the plants after putting some into plant bags (it was very cluttered and felt like I wanted to restart the growing process.) All of the other botanists were Zzz (I assume that is logged off) in the botanist locker room. I am somewhat new so I didn't realize to strip them I had to sit and wait for the action to complete, but since it seemed like it wasn't working I went to resort to killing them. I started to swing at them to kill them so I can get their spare oxygen tanks from their survival kits because I used mine. I felt like it was fine because they were Zzz for a while now. I did realize that I have to wait to strip them after accidentally clicking on their survival belt which took a lot faster to strip compared to the backpack. Moments after I put on one of their oxygen tanks NoSugarPlumNovember messaged me "raider?" and I tried to give a brief description that I was going for their oxygen tanks. not knowing I was going to get banned. They said I killed 3 people. 

Why you should be unbanned: In hindsight, it probably wasn't a good idea to attack, even if they're afk. I felt like it was ok because of how long they were afk, but regardless, their character is in game and coming back online to being dead, even if the space station is in shambles or deep into the round, would be lame. The goal was not RDM or to grief

I have probably played 10 or so rounds at this point and I don't have any intentions of bringing that sort of energy to the server. I like playing the game how it's meant to be played, not by being a dick.. I'm sorry about that. 

Screenshot 2024-06-19 195207.png

Posted (edited)

I wanted to add I looked into what an actual raider is, and that is not what I am. I saw that there has been a wave of bans regarding raiders and that their names include random letters and numbers, my name m333sh (Meesh) is just stylized like that. However, I still shouldn't attack AFK people, even if they're been AFK and oxygen deprived, And at this point I want to ask: is it a bannable offense to strip someone AFK of their oxygen tank in the case they get back on?

Edited by m333sh
just more detail

• Game Admin

This Appeal has been Considered Accepted Due to the Banning admin agreeing on the Said Appointed ban on this user for being misguided as a raider.

However this has been moved from Permanent to Temporary, You may check more details on your ban remarks.

In twilight’s gentle, whispering embrace, I pen these lines, a hello to place. A greeting spun in hues of dusk, A tender touch, a fleeting musk.
As daylight fades and shadows grow, I send this note, a warm hello. Yet in its folds, a soft goodbye, For moments pass like stars on high.
Welcome, dear friend, to this new dawn, Where every ending’s but withdrawn. In each hello, a farewell's hue, For every start bids past adieu.
So take this sweet and brief verse: A hello cloaked in autumn’s leaf. And though it sounds like Parting’s song, It’s where our journey now belongs.