Science 101

CodyPencil

• Game Admin

Do you want to be a nerd?!
(Bro why)
If yes Then You've come to the Fine guide

The first thing to know about Science is what Branches You will have to go to.
- xenoarchaeology (Mid)
- Anomaly (Hard)
- Robotics (Mid
-Genetics (Hard not implemented yet)

xenoarchaeology

Xenoarcheology Is the study of artifacts it is where you Activate a certain X stimulation in exchange for Research points. Research Points given Depend on the Node, Depth, Difficulty(Probably)

An example of Stimulation per node
-Hydro-reactive - it requires Water and can be normally triggered by a fire extinguisher 
- Sonic Vibration - Music Instruments, you may also use a Musician's PDA as an instrument.
- Magnetic Vibration - Magboots
- Extreme pressure - There are 2 ways to Trigger this Stimulation Either spacing it, Or Porting 2 Gas canisters with 4000Kpa
- Physical Trauma - Beating it with any Melee-related items may increase chances of Stimulating depending on the weapon's Structural damage
 - Electricity - Usage of Multi-tool is required
- Active De-acceleration - Throw it(this only applies to artifacts that can be held)
- Time - This will automatically Trigger once the X given time is up.
- Life Essence - You must sacrifice an animal/player (yourself)
- Radiation - Either bring it near the singularity or stab it with a Uranium spear if it's an item-type artifact you may place it on a microwave and put it on the instant. 
- Hemoglobin - Requires blood any blood human/animals 
- Standard Atmospheric Gases - the 3 standard atmos are Oxygen, nitrogen, and Carbon Dioxide if it didn't trigger on both you may go for Carbon dioxide, If the room is already space you may need to try all of them.

Artifact after activated stimulation 
- Matter creation -  will spawn any random object/creatures/liquid/anomaly
- Cerebral reflex
- metaphysical displacement - will teleport to a random location/ will make a portal to a given X, Y position
- Electrical interference - Will do an EMP(possibility) - Flickering lights, blowing a massive wind, and destroying tiles below.
- Metaphysical Appearance -  Will go invisible Until a certain Node makes it reappear.
- Total station Destruction node - Will spawn a singularity/ Tesla Ball 
- Gravity Repulse/Attraction - Will pull/Attract Anything within 3-4 tiles.
- Artifact Sentient - Will make the artifact sentient(it does not show this on the console)

Anomaly

Types of anomalies 
- Flesh/Meat anomaly - Hard
- Electric/Tesla Anomaly - Hard
- Gravity Anomaly - Mid
- Blues pace Anomaly - Mid
-Flora/Floral Anomaly - Mid
- Ice/Frezon Anomaly - Mid
- Pyro/Fire Anomaly - Hard
- Rock/Asteroid Anomaly(this has 4 variation Uranium/glass/silver/steel) - Hard
- Reagent/Liquid Anomaly - Easy
- Shadow Anomaly - Easy 

How to Control/Maintain Anomalies.
- Shadow Anomaly -  Preferably to have Security's Auto flasher if possible to get or at least print 2-3 flashes if the anomaly Is growing.
- Reagent anomaly - As much as possible this does not have proper Containment as it will inject reagents on you per pulse.
- Ice Anomaly - Reinforced Glass window/ Reinforced Uranium Glass window/ Reinforced Plasma glass. You might wanna go for the 2-3 options if you want to keep this anomaly at a 50-80% severity as it does much more damage{ per severity and will require you to weld the windows per pulse.
- Pyro Anomaly - Same as the ice Anomaly 
- Bluespace Anomaly - This anomaly will move if there is a nearby crew and the more severity you have the more range of change place it has. The best place to have this anomaly is in maintenance or keeping the severity low 30-40% will do. However, if you want to maintain the anomaly and grind as many points as possible you may need to watch it per pulse.
- Gravity Anomaly  - this anomaly Is hard to contain given that it also emits 2.0 Radiation, However, you may try to trap it with an RCD Quick build if you ask engineering and then replace the windows with plasma if you want to keep this anomaly running for long, to prevent crew harm.
- Electric anomaly - You may want to place Ground rods on this anomaly or dead animals as it does target it (for some reason)
- Flesh anomaly - This anomaly typically requires you to be armed. With a KPA or knife. as much as possible you want to prepare medicine or medibot near you If you are planning to grind this anomaly.
- Floral Anomaly - Floral anomaly is passive if you do not destroy the spawned plants/weeds as it will spawn random flora Entities that require you to kill them with laser rifles or melee combat.
- Rock Anomaly - Rock anomaly is one of the pains to maintain as it spawns asteroid rocks and will increase per severity, You may wanna prep yourself with some KPA, a mining drill, and a medibot for combat healing.

APE/C.H.I.M.P Particles - 
Delta -  danger particle - Increases Severity
Zeta - Unstable particle - change decaying to stable
Epsilon - Containment Particle  - will stabilize the anomaly or will make it decay
Sigma - Transformation Particle -  Will transform the anomaly with different types of configuration.
(this is just an example this will probably be different on your anomaly scanner what you want to check is the particle description.)

Bonus - 
Sigma 
- Sigma particles enable your anomaly to have a bootleg mutation will either benefit you or make the anomaly more dangerous or will make it rarely pulse for a price of points.
(examples)
Anomaly shield - 120% points
Anomaly Particle changes every hit on the anomaly - 190% Points
Anomaly rarely Pulsing - 5% 
Anomaly Frequent Pulsing - 120%
Anomaly Reduced Frequent pulsing but does more power  - 120%
Anomaly moves from random x,y tile - 190%
(There are more of these I just forgot them)

Genetics 

Your job is to Experiment on subjects Configure their DNA and make the crew have mutated DNA that will benefit them.
(as of right now this content is not available)

In twilight’s gentle, whispering embrace, I pen these lines, a hello to place. A greeting spun in hues of dusk, A tender touch, a fleeting musk.
As daylight fades and shadows grow, I send this note, a warm hello. Yet in its folds, a soft goodbye, For moments pass like stars on high.
Welcome, dear friend, to this new dawn, Where every ending’s but withdrawn. In each hello, a farewell's hue, For every start bids past adieu.
So take this sweet and brief verse: A hello cloaked in autumn’s leaf. And though it sounds like Parting’s song, It’s where our journey now belongs.

• Game Admin

I don't wanna add robotics for now since its pretty simple, I might add more context on genetics.
- let me know if I missed something or forgot something 

In twilight’s gentle, whispering embrace, I pen these lines, a hello to place. A greeting spun in hues of dusk, A tender touch, a fleeting musk.
As daylight fades and shadows grow, I send this note, a warm hello. Yet in its folds, a soft goodbye, For moments pass like stars on high.
Welcome, dear friend, to this new dawn, Where every ending’s but withdrawn. In each hello, a farewell's hue, For every start bids past adieu.
So take this sweet and brief verse: A hello cloaked in autumn’s leaf. And though it sounds like Parting’s song, It’s where our journey now belongs.