Admin Application - Scruq

------------------------------------------

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: Scruq

What's your Discord Username: crasg

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: 129H 12M

How old are you: 19

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server: I have been once, for general self-antagging before the PCTide when this server was mid-pop, but I have learned from that situation

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): I have about 60 hours in Frontier and 93H 50M in wizden

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: I can usually admin 3-8 hours per day but situations may make me absent for 2 hours to a day

On what days can you get on to Admin: Any day

What timezone are you in: PDT

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:
I want to be able to help keep and maintain the enjoyment in a server that I really like and play on alot. I have a wide and extensive knowledge on the game from maintaining and looking through the code upstream and general moderator etiquette from watching other admins handle situations and do their work. I also want to maintain the fun of the server, because once you learn the aspects of your job, it can become pretty boring doing the same thing, admemes are able to help maintain the fun by introducing unique round events that will have something new to do

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: I haven't adminned in a server before, but I have been watching admins doing their job and thought process behind the things the admins do.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:
The admins are the face of the server and the forefront of the server's reputation. If someone has a bad experience with a server's admin, it'll leave a bitter taste of server in general knowing that they have a bad admin who will make a drastic and wrong decision. and thus accepting competent admins is more than just helping moderate the server, but to keep it alive as a whole.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:
The server is pretty LRP because of what admins let slide, I don't think of changing from LRP as that would go against the atmosphere of the server. The seemingly random and funny LRP things is what makes this server unique.

The more questions questions. (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Purposely leaving a server to evade an ahelp is a zero tolerance rule already. But after the ban, I would try to get insight on the situation, events leading up, and the possible reasons which would most probably be just griefing for reactions.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

This is a first offender and this is a usually relaxed punishment. Maybe they forgot to ahelp before disconnecting, maybe a connection issue, maybe something OOC happened. But either way I'll give them a join message reminding them to ahelp before disconnecting, and try to get the crew to get a new captain.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

The thing the passenger has done is griefing and would put them to arrest IRL for prohibition of justice and I would warn them for the aformentioned griefing rule. the Security Officer also used lethals before trying to subdue the passenger, which is role incompetency and would warn them also.

You see a chemist who has only made baisc meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?

If they were making uranium foam gernades before they knew they were a syndie, then that would count as powergaming and would warn them if they are a first time offender, if they are a repeating offender I would role-ban then from chemist or a ban in general if they keep powergaming on other jobs.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

Being a clown is not a ticket to be a shitter, though just writing stuff using crayon, is a situation that sec has to deal with. However the Security Officer is, ironically, what would have you labelled as shitsec, shoot first, ask questions later, I would silent ahelp them to try to be more liberal with their enforcing. The passenger situation is that same as the 2nd question. prohibition of justice and griefing, and as before I will warn them if they are a first time offender. And the detective is also the same as the 2nd question, security incompetency and using lethals before trying to subdue even if ordered to AOS, and as before, I would warn them about their incompetency.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

I would warn the Command member to not use or carry contraband unless they absolutely need it (Like having an esword from a downed nukie and the other nukie is running at them with their own sword). and for the admin, While Core Rule 1 says that admins can override rules if it is for the betterment of the round, server, or community. I won't see how this would improve the situation. I would try to assess the situation and politely tell them about why what they said was wrong and will also inform higher authoritys like head admins about what they did. But I won't try to confront them because I have seen time and time again, that will just lead to escelation which endds up being bad for all parties involved.

• 1 month later...