Ban Appeal

Space Station 14 Username: Vanilia

Banning Admin's SS14 Username: Greymaria

Are you banned from the Server or a Job/Department: Server

The reason you were banned:image.thumb.png.4d5a6037647e04d89a3ee9b16f96ced0.png

Everything that lead to your ban, give a detailed explanation. Relevant info only and don't leave anything important out:

As tider, I grabbed my tools and planned to do regular schedule of playing with security, looking for new job. (Tip of the day was in details explaining that, toying with sec is fine as long as you are not clearly self antaging, and I did not planned to do it). I cooked two cards (one found by borged chef) with goal to get on bridge and change name to Gibbles Assistant or King of Tiders (how original), and met the only cadet, he seemed lost, so we exchanged few words, I suggested I could help, but of course we went our separate ways after I got stunned and handcuffed after shooting with practice laser at another cadet.

After a while i came back to sec and saw tider who was in gear resembling sec (belt or something, didnt recognize it or job) but they were coming into sec from the corridor. I came closer, since i expected something happening around (since all doors were hijacked, i didnt have insuls). He said "I will distract them!" and rushed to the main gate. I decided to check my access cards, but none of them worked, I took a look inside and let him know that there was nothing interesting in sec as it was empty. They decided to hack into  ward office and armory, which was a big red flag for me at that point. I suspected they were Syndi, and they think I am too (since I got the welding mask). I did not go inside, I just grabbed guitar and started playing the loudest midis I could find (Red Sun). I was sure that if I screamed no one would hear me and syndi would just kill me. There was also a solar flare that prevented me from using general radio. 

I tried to get out, but the doors were powered and there was no one in the hallway. I waited a bit and decided to grab the reflective vest and helmet, not sure if it was BEFORE or AFTER the other tider exploded, but I picked it becaus I could swear I saw something (thought perhaps skibid npc) running through the corridor... I know it sounds like the worst excuse ever, but I saw something running very fast in the corner of my screen below security, and there was random placement of toilet just in front of sec (which I didnt see before). Whether it was just a running toilet, I figured I might need some protection if I want to help sec later deal with that person who was armed up. 

All things taken from sec was 1) guitar (borrowed it) 2) reflective west 3)helmet. 

I took ONLY defensive measures (helmet and reflective), didnt grab any guns, batons, handcuffs, gasmask (i love his sprite, it was the most tempting thing to grab honestly) nothing. The next thing I noticed was a huge explosion and Tider dying. At this point I was outside the armory, playing loud midis and running near the door, looking for anyone who could help or bring more people. I did not revive Tider, I did not loot him, I did not use his weapons, accesses or tools to heal him in a second. I had no idea what was going on. I assumed something was wrong, so I called security again, hoping the flare was over, to no avail, I dragged tider out of the armory to the main sec corridor and waited again. I could not open the main doors and did not want to touch any other doors.

Then Sec arrived (2 cadets). Their reaction was "Oh great..." while dragging other tiders and as "Why are you even here" I typed "I can explain" or something like that, but after a few seconds I exploded. I ahelped it immediately, asking on what happened, in my eyes I try to do everything as I should. No answer on ahelp, on chat. Later on in the chat I saw other tider loughing "admin got us" and so I was banned. 

Why you should be unbanned: I did not try to raid or self antag. I care about community, and i would never fall so low to ruin fun for others. Even one round earlier when I was syndi I was helping saving people from security. Not more than 8 hours ago I regained access to the server. I was happy. Maybe my mistake was trying something else - tider. I usually dont play civilian roles because whenever I want to be around "action" it gets me into trouble. Additionally regarding metagaming, I dont know the nickname, username, or even job of that other person. I usually play alone or watch as a ghost. The only person I know and have basic contact with is Keir/Gibbles. That's about it.

Additional note:

b1defebc2614c0b43f642dd9dd5b888c.png

In addition to comments on discord and mute for 24 hours. I know I shouldn't transfer it over discord, but if you're going to appeal a ban, you (as a player) at least want some information, right? You just got nuked in Security (which caused more damage than any other action during this shift). Admin did not respond to any contact attempts before the ban, so this is your last resort.

Instead of very basic help and/or suggestion to just deal with it on the forum, I got ridiculed in the worst possible way.  "Suspicion of metagaming" turned into "it's clear and obvious that you planned this externally", "why did you help your friend break into the armory without getting caught by security", smiley faces everywhere. Me waiting with untouched tider corps for security, in the hallway and explaining them what happend turned on discord to me wearing reflective vest "against disabler shots".

It's just a bit rude. 

Following this, I would also like to point out a few things that do not make much sense:
1) If I was "keeping watch", would it make sense for me to not play loud midis and stay in the corner of the ward's room to just watch the doorway?
2) If I picked reflective west "against disabler shots", why didnt I also just take stun baton, cuffs, or some lethals? That would disable security a bit better than reflective shots in locked down security against armed officers. 
3) Why was I visibly reluctant to even enter the station room? 
4) Why I didnt help tider to break all creates, safes with weapons?
5) Why I didnt use secfab?
6) Why did I even try to yell for help?
7) Why I didnt hack any doors or ask Tider (who was my "friend" per ban) for tools/insuls/weapons.
8) Why did I not loot tider after they exploded? They had everything I needed to keep hacking or run away.
9) Why did I wait for sec and try to explain the situation to them?
10) Why did I not wait a bit with self antaging since I knew you were around? - I was complaining about medical intern with spear who killed me last shift as typical valid hunter.

I get it, some of these questions you can make some assumptions like for example 5) "You didn't ask them for anything because you were talking to each other!
But come on, to all of them? I would have to be both smart and stupid at the same time I guess. 

Let me know what else I could do .... What should I do differently? Thank you

• Game Admin

Denied -

due to a recent ban appeal, you must wait 2 weeks for another appeal.

In twilight’s gentle, whispering embrace, I pen these lines, a hello to place. A greeting spun in hues of dusk, A tender touch, a fleeting musk.
As daylight fades and shadows grow, I send this note, a warm hello. Yet in its folds, a soft goodbye, For moments pass like stars on high.
Welcome, dear friend, to this new dawn, Where every ending’s but withdrawn. In each hello, a farewell's hue, For every start bids past adieu.
So take this sweet and brief verse: A hello cloaked in autumn’s leaf. And though it sounds like Parting’s song, It’s where our journey now belongs.

• Owner
3 hours ago, CodyPencil said:

Denied -

due to a recent ban appeal, you must wait 2 weeks for another appeal.

Disregard the above.

The ban was removed and replaced with a note, so this ban is technically accepted.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png