Admin Application - ChainXyle

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username:  ChainXyle

What's your Discord Username:  chainxyle

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server:  566H 55M unless you don't count the added wizden time from the transfer which would make it 82H 40M.

How old are you:  18, turning 19 on July 29th.

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server:  No, only got one note.

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s):  I got 484H 15M on Wizden.

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week:  6-10 hours.

On what days can you get on to Admin:  Currently everyday.

What timezone are you in:  Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00)

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:  I've seen what the admins have done on both Goobstation and Wizden, they have helped clarify rules and enforce those rules. Without the Game Admins, the server would be pure anarchy. I wish to help with the process of keeping the server safe and the players well educated about the rules while keeping the gameplay fun for everyone.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:  I have not, but I do have some experience using the admin tools and using commands on a local server.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:  The Game Admins ensure that the gameplay is fun and fair for everyone by removing raiders, making sure that people know the rules and that they aren't powergaming/metagaming or breaking the rules. They keep the game/server from becoming complete chaos.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:  I think that the server is an LRP server with some people forgetting that it's LRP. If I see someone not LRPing and instead NRPing, I would tell them that they should respect the roleplay and try to LRP instead of NRP. If they continue to ruin the roleplay for others by constantly NRPing, I would leave a note about what they have done.

The more questions questions. (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

I would check to see if the reason for killing those two people was justified by checking the logs. If I see no reason for the unjustified killing, I would first leave a note about their RDMing and attempt to get ahold of them though discord since they disconnected. If they do not respond I would ban them with a chance to appeal since they avoided contact with me and they previously RDM'd.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

I would check to see if they notified anyone in any capacity. If they did not notify anyone I would leave a note about them leaving without notifying the admins via ahelp. If I do see them again and remember them I would notify them that they shouldn't disconnect as a command role without notifying the admins using ahelp or if required, using discord.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?
I would ahelp the secoff telling them not to over-escalate and try to use a disabler or stun baton instead of jumping straight to their pistol. I understand the secoff was trying to do the right thing but still got to warn him so it doesn't keep happening. The best thing you can do is educate people. As for the passenger  if they aren't an antag, I would ahelp them telling them not to interfere with a secoff's arrest if they aren't an antag.

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?
I would ahelp them asking why they decided to gather the materials for uranium foam grenades before they got midround syndie. If their reason is a good one, I would let them go about their round. If their reason isn't good enough I would leave a note about them getting stuff for a uranium foam grenade as a non-antag then rolling an antag role midround.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

I would first ahelp the secoff for arresting the clown if this was the first time the clown vandalized during that round, advising him to give him a warning first then arrest him if he does it again. If the passenger isn't an antag I would ahelp them telling them not to interfere with a secoff when they are arresting someone if they aren't an antag. I would ahelp the detective if the alert level isn't red, telling them not to shoot using lethals unless they were armed and dangerous and to use a stun baton or disabler first. If the clown was continuously vandalizing security during the round and isn't an antag I would ahelp them asking why they keep doing it and tell them to please stop.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Without the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

If there was no interruption: I would ahelp the command member asking why they are using contraband as a non-antag, leaving a note if the reason is insufficient.
How I would respond to the interruption: I would correct the incorrect rule clarification while apologizing for the other admin's mistake while asking why they were using contraband as a non-antag, leaving a note if the reason is not sufficient. I would also leave a note in the admin chat, explaining what happened and try to help the other admin learn.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:  Not that I know of.

image.png.38515d16efec71c4720e5916eb7b8680.png

So I made a small error when reading one of the question so I will fix it here:

How many hours can you admin per week:  56-70 hours.

(I thought it said per day, not per week.)

Everyone who can work as a HoS on Goob without mental breakdown or even at very least ban, deserves my vouch of trust and respect.

I like all the answers, but perhaps I would advise to look at things from perspective different than just typical HoS. Admins are so much more than rules enforcing bodyguards. 

Good luck with your application, will keep my fingers crossed for you. 

I would like to revise some of the question now that I have a better understanding of the banning policy and how admins treat situations:

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

I would check to see if the reason for killing those two people was justified by checking the logs. If I see no reason for the unjustified killing, I would appeal ban them since they left before I could ahelp them.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?
I would ahelp the secoff telling them not to over-escalate and try to use a disabler or stun baton instead of jumping straight to their pistol. I understand the secoff was trying to do the right thing but still got to warn him so it doesn't keep happening. The best thing you can do is educate people. As for the passenger  if they aren't an antag, I would ahelp them telling them not to interfere with a secoff's arrest if they aren't an antag and note them, unless this isn't the first time which I would then ban them because of repeated offense.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

If the passenger isn't an antag I would ahelp them telling them not to interfere with a secoff when they are arresting someone if they aren't an antag. I would ahelp the detective if the alert level isn't red, telling them not to shoot using lethals unless they were armed and dangerous and to use a stun baton or disabler first. If the clown was continuously vandalizing security during the round and isn't an antag I would ahelp them asking why they keep doing it and tell them to please stop.

• Game Admin
On 7/23/2024 at 12:05 AM, Vanilia said:

Everyone who can work as a HoS on Goob without mental breakdown or even at very least ban, deserves my vouch of trust and respect.

I like all the answers, but perhaps I would advise to look at things from perspective different than just typical HoS. Admins are so much more than rules enforcing bodyguards. 

Good luck with your application, will keep my fingers crossed for you. 

Please refrain from peanut posting. This includes making comments that don't substantially impact the trajectory of the thread.

"sv_cheats 1"

-Sun Tzu

• 3 weeks later...