Admin Application, Tikibomb

• Game Admin

What's your Discord Username: Tikibomb

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: Around 129 Hours

How old are you: 23 (03/2001)

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server: No never

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): SS13: Citadel station Nearly 1.5K Hrs SS14: Goob station 129 Hrs

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: Soft cap 18 Hours, Maximum 22 Hrs a week 

On what days can you get on to Admin: (Potental to change due to job changes, See End) Mo, Tu, Thur, Sat, Sun 1600 to 2200, Wen and Fri 700 to 2200

What timezone are you in: GMT -6 US Central Time Chicago

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin?:
Becoming an admin is a important responsibility, I personally wish to help mentor newer players or experienced players to play more varied roles and be a source of knowledge that they can use to aid in their gameplay. I find that helping others understand and experience the game in a more secure manner increaces the enjoyment for all 

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server?:
No previous Administrative experience with SS13 or SS14

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:
Admins serve many roles, As mediators when it comes to conflict between players. As Mentors when it comes to unknowlegable players. As Sentinels when it comes to the rules and those who break them, and as communicators with their fellow administrative team members.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:
The current roleplay status would appear to be a L/MRP server that focuses on having fun but still allowing for a roleplay experience; as for improvement, I find the server could use more admins during lowpop hours to help regulate the gameflow and aid in progress in those said rounds. 

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?: 

As a prior note was left behind already, and they left before any could get them they seem to have either metagrudged or some other similar act, I would consult the other adminatrative team online to proceed, If i were to be alone on that round i would advise a Temporary ban as they have already had a history of this behavior and try to establish communication via Discord if the user is online to find out why they had preformed the action that they did. 

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them? 

I would leave a note stating the basics of what happened in the round from the point of disconnection and try to get with the player next time they are online or request another Admin to try to get in contact with said player at a different time and date. Should the player explain the reason of their outage and with good enough reason no major next action is needed as this is a first offence and/or likely an accident should the situation see fit. No further action should be taken other than the note and follow-up. 

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

Actions like that do not warrant lethal action, just because the officer is annoyed the officer does not have the right to nearly kill the passenger. As for actions taken, I would first check the Sec Off's file for any notes of previous behavior. I would communicate this with any other administrative team members online, and then speak with the Sec Off and ask what they were doing and get any clarifying Context surrounding the incident, then if the Context doesn't warrant lethal activity would leave a note and explain what the secoff had done wrong. Should the secoff have a short history of this would recommend a Temp Job Ban, Should they have a long history aswell as temp job bans a Job perma ban may be in order or a temp Server ban, Should the Secoff not have a history of this I would leave a note and a warning.     

You see a chemist who has only made baisc meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?
First i would gather Context on the situation, Should a CMO be online i would speak with them to see if they granted access and see if security was aware of it seeing as they were asking about Uranium and such materials. 

Should the context be that CMO was not informed or not one online and/or no threat to the station is actively known about I would likely leave a note stating that they were making potentally dangerous weapons before they were assigned the Antag role as this violates the self-antag policy RPRule6 "Non-antags should typically either not have an overall effect on the round, or should have an overall (net) positive effect on the round".
Should the context be that CMO was informed and granted access or there was significant enough threat to the station, no further action would need to be taken as they would not be violating the self-antag policy before rolling a antagonist role. 

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

In this context the Detective is the first issue to be handled as it was the strongest reaction. I would note in the Detective's file of this event and check for any past history of lethals when it is unnecessary as well as explain to the player how their actions were mishandled should a history exist Communicate to other administrative team members and place a temp job ban. Should the history be longer of lethals potentially perma job ban or a temp server ban after communicating members on the admin team to ensure not overstepping of boundaries. As for the passenger should they have Ahelped the situation i would explain to them that it is being handled and maybe leave a note describing the event with no further action taken as they have in-game consequences from security in place. As for the clown he has in-game consequences and no action is taken. As for the Sec Off they cannot predict when and where attacks are going to come from at all times and no action would be taken. 

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

I would have clarified that the usage of contraband is not permitted by NT non-antagonistic personnel even if they think they know how to use it, As for the interruption i would discuss privately with the admin about the ruling and the details on the actual rule and compare it in a non-combative way to see where they are coming from and attempt to correct the incorrect behavior/knowledge. Should the other Admin Team Member take this negatively, I would attempt to communicate with the rest of the team that is not actively online with the details of the issue and what happened from my point of view trying to be as objective as possible in recording this. 

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

Current job situation has me working M,Tu,Th,Sat,Sun 0700-1600. Applied (and soon to interview for) a new job that will be M-F 0700-1600 and the avalibility may change due to these changes. I am willing to respond to any questions and communicate should any further details be needed. Should it be relevant, I have obtained a Tech Certification, CompTIA Security+, A Information Technology certification detailing the importance of security be it hardware, software, or human.

Thank you for your consideration
-Tiki

End

"A trait to humanity is creation, what platforms do you create?" -Tiki

• 3 weeks later...