My Application (Wyatt1016 - V2#8652)

In-game Username: Wyatt1016
Discord username: V2#8652
Characters you play: Wyatt Deathshead Scorchedwing, Scarlet Cometrider (abandoned, but will likely be played some more in the future)

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: At the very least, 5 if not longer. I'll try my best to be online, although I have school that I must go to. So I can't be on at all times.

Days you are available to admin on: Sunday and Saturday are the days I'm available most.

How old are you? 13. I come from the United States, so I believe that's old enough to use Discord.

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Goob Station, or any SS13 experience? Yes. I have experience with LRP environments, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm a SS14 veteran.

Do you have prior administration experience (SS13/SS14 experience preferred, please also post a way for us to verify this)? No prior administration experience, unfortunately. I have been experimenting a bit in my localhost server with the administration system, although I heavily doubt that serves as administration experience.

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers? No, but I do have a negative note on my account on Goob Station (and also a note about good behavior according to Avalon, so that's nice!!)

Admins have the ability to perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is: in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you're aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? I am primarily interested with assisting with events.

What are you least interested in doing as an admin? Moderation, as I might accidentally be a bit too harsh without realizing.

Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
I think admins are around to make sure people aren't pieces of shit and don't ruin others' experiences, and also help new people where necessary.

Why do you want to become an administrator for Goob Station?
I want to be an administrator for Goob Station to help with events and other things (except for planet rounds, I hate them with every single cell of my being)

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
I feel like the current roleplay status is not only perfectly fine, but a good fit for what I'm used to.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
I believe helping players in emergency situations (or letting them vote for what admeme events they wish to have) has the biggest positive impact.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
Nada. All admins are great admins. I also have had some negative experiences, except they were on other servers and I heavily doubt the same thing would happen on goob station.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
Avalon. Avalon's a great example of a good admin. They let me explain myself and also let me understand what I did wrong (and they also didn't immediately ban me after I left during an ahelp).

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools, and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind decisions you make and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how differences in the assumption would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to "do something funny".
Do nothing. Unless I'm a clown, in which case I'll slip someone and play the clown recorder. I'm still technically doing my job, while also doing something funny.

Also proceed to ask them to try and not get other players in trouble with other admins.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like "shitsec". A secoff tells the clown that they're being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.
The clown isn't necessarily in the wrong here, however they aren't guilty, either. They are doing vandalism. The passenger is likely self antagging so I warn them. The secoff was just doing their job, and while the detective probably shouldn't have shot the passenger to crit, the passenger DID stun another security officer after slipping the first, so...

You and another admin have been adminning for around an hour. The rate of issues has been easily manageable due to having 2 admins. Neither of you have been talking in admin chat. You are using ahelp to warn a player for breaking a rule when the other admin joins the ahelp and confirms that it is against the rules, but that it's fine in this case and they can ignore the rule for the rest of the round. You haven't taken any other admin actions yet, such as applying a ban or writing a note.
Ask the admin to not do that and warn the player that they probably shouldn't do it again

Edited by Wyatt1016
Fixed up an issue with the hours thing

• CEI

Hey, I'm denying this application since you're not 16 or older. I forgot to add that a while ago, so I apologize. (Thanks for applying though!)

If you'd like though, you can still apply for the Event Coordinator position. You won't really need to put as much like this application.

The age requirement I'll ignore for the Event Coordinator position, but not for this one.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png