[FIXED] ticket-fwutters But He Found The Banning Policy This Time

------------------------------------------

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username:
Fwutters

What's your Discord Username:
Fwutters

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server:
35 (See END of App for more info or to address any concerns with this)

(Kira edit here. They've reached 40 hours now.)

How old are you:

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server:
No

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s):
I have played on WIZDEN as well as DELTA, though some of my favorites include Dungeon Dig and Pax Astralis, a server I have done 100+ sprites for.

PAX: 53H
WIZDEN: 345H
DELTA: (currently inaccessible, but i believe it to be 50-100H as well.

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: anywhere from 4 to 20, usually

On what days can you get on to Admin: Mostly weekends, but Fridays are p good rn too

What timezone are you in: I am in Central Standard Time in the US.

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: The people that play this game rely on admins sometimes and it often seems like there's just not enough. The best Admins are ones that are helpful and sometimes even add a little fun to the round and that's what I'd like to be. 

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: I have not, but seeing as how servers prioritize people with experience, it makes sense that someone has not continues to stay that way.

TO BE CLEAR, I am an Event Coordinator for Pax Astralis, and I know how to use a decent bit of the admin tools, but when i say no here, it is in reference to adminning for standard gameplay. With Pax being a Frontier fork, this didn't exactly feel like solid ground to say yes, especially considering i am so new to it as to have not run an event yet.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: The game is supposed to be fun. If its not, then why play? On the other half of things, the rules are (good god, hopefully) in place for a reason and should at least KIND OF be adhered to. As someone who has hosted TTRPGs for about a decade now, I can say fully that i know exactly what these two tenets are like and I've spent most of my life honoring them, even if in a different game format (by a long shot). But these games meat at two points: roleplay, and interactivity. They're known for all the cool shit you can do, and the cool people you can play as or with. And those values are important to me.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: Frankly i don't care! People can roleplay as much or little as they want. As long as they're having fun and acting within bounds, what skin is it off of my back?

The more questions questions. (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem? I would weigh the viability of respawning the characters in question. I would like to, to let them keep playing. As for the perp that's probably a 10-day but since they're evading An appeal ban would be more appropriate.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them? Probably leave them off with a warning, provided they did not ahelp, cryosleep and/or return their items to bridge. A first offense is no occasion for severity. We all make mistakes, but those are important items after all.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin? There's certainly something to be said about jumping to lethals and ignoring escalation, but interfering with an arrest of a potentially dangerous criminal is also pretty fucked. I'd probably have a chat with both players here, but if the situation is very obviously something the passenger should NOT have been anywhere near, such as the arrest of a Syndicate that was going loud? That's primarily on the Passenger for being that inept, be it noob issues or otherwise. One thing not mentioned is if the Passenger is an Antag. If this is Revs doing Revs things, or two Syndies secretly in operations with each other, then its best to just let it be, IC.

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all? Have a chat, see what's going on, consider pausing the player before things get out of hand. This is a pretty clear example of "Just in case" branches of powergaming. If the grenades can be disposed of, that would be preferable.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

The Backup secoff is literally just doing their job.

The initial Secoff is within reason to apprehend someone for vandalising NT property. Is it kinda lame? a little, as it can just be handled by soaping the writing. The Secoff is also obliged to provide info for the situation to hopefully have the Detective NOT blow the Clowns brains out.

If the Detective is well informed, then they ought know not to outright kill the clown, especially as a Detective. They should be investigating, not Investigibbing.

Lastly, the Passenger. Interrupting an arrest is a no-go, especially if it turns into a moshpit or kidnapping.

The above notes assume that no one involved is an Antagonist.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Without the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

The other admin may be working on outdated information. Seeing as there's a chance they know more about adminning and this station than I do, I might have something I can learn from them, at least, when they're not being just wrong. Doing the right thing unto the players is more important than winning the internet argument. I'd try to inform both players and have the command player relinquish the contraband to security or the vault.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

At time of initial draft, I only had 35 hours on Goob, Though I still have my hours for other servers listed. I will be happy to circle back and update this App when I do have those hours, but I will get on that ASAP, much like I did this app. Thank you for your time of day and consideration. I can be contacted on Discord at most times if anything is needed.

Hey so sorry for duping this post but I only thereafter found the page for your Banning Policy and it has some pretty clear cut guidelines I'd want to adhere to. Thanks anyway!

Fwutters

• 3 weeks later...