Nousagi

What's your Discord Username:

Bokoen1 or Laffey is my display name

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server:

Unknown

How old are you:

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server:

No

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s):

DeltaV+Nanotrasen - 162 Hours  and 11 minutes

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 

10-20 hours

On what days can you get on to Admin:

Everyday

What timezone are you in:

EST

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it:

I understand this is probably going to be my most lacking answer to a question but am just being honest.
To give a helping hand to the understaff team as I can see from being told in Discord
 and to be a helpful member of the community.
I already have more then a year of experience of being a SS14 admin so it won't be hard, especially when I've already admin DeltaV when it used to go to 110 or 100 pop by myself all the time.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this:

I'll start with proof and then give some experience.
Am one of the original admins for Nyanotrasen before the dehubbing and while nobody plays on that server am still an Admin on there since from this date 01/17/2023.
After the Dehubbing I was grandfathered into the DeltaV Admin team and while I was active I started to get burnout near the end of December and retired from DeltaV on the 01/22/2024. I still have the DeltaV role in the SS14 Communitybus discord but if other proof is needed I can always be Dm'd.

.image.thumb.png.d04e1510f093a153c36b406bf2793e54.png
image.thumb.png.cd438c5a78ea2a5ddc15253f05e7e66f.png

Now on to experiences I've done a crap-ton of things as an admin during DeltaV and Nanotrasen and rarely did any major admemes on my own accords since they would get you removed if you did them though that was more of a DeltaV thing since Nanotrasen if the Head Game Admin was on some admemes WILL happened especially with the host. Now when it comes to banning I'd like to not give out appeal or perma bans unless am certain I have to as I see that as a ban-aid to not know how to properly punish someone or is lazy and that was a problem I witnessed in DeltaV where in admin meetings it was discussed that we have so many players it would be easier to just appeal only ban those who self-antag or anything that looks like stepping on the SGM grass and to be honest I hated it and got burnt out since admins would constantly keep talking about HRP and saying it's needed and I would disagree but regardless am getting of track.
If am accepted to the team I would think I would be a great addition and the experience I can bring as an admin in SS14 basically before the admin tool was properly made and most things had to be done on a browser or though console.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve:

To be a rule enforcer when needed and also be the face or represent the server with admemes when they do happened.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

Am going to be honest it's quite enjoyable sure there's a lot of shittery happening but that's the fun of LRP.
Now for how it can be improved am only going to talk about LRP and not any potential MRP that doesn't exist.
So for how the general roleplay can be improved on would probably be whitelisted roles, and that because when I was on the admin-team for DeltaV once we got whitelisted roles I had to deal less and less with terrible command members and finally ANTAG Command members like HOP,CMO,RD, and finally QM though maybe HOP should be a whitelisted ANTAG role cause on LRP I don't know if someone will put the effort into figuring out their HOP is a traitor or it's probably to powerful but so is Ling but nobody knows how to play it.

The more questions questions. (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Leave a note and follow the Goob banning guidelines and give a 6 day game ban to the person.
While the second offense is supposed to be 3 game ban a 2nd player was killed so the original punishment is multiplied by the amount of victims which in this case is 2.
Though if this person had recently just came back from that previous RDM Game ban and did the 2 murders and leave I would see this as Intentional rule breaking since they were already warned though being banned previously and the 6 day game ban would be multiplied by 3x to 18 day game ban.
Now it may be up to the admin discretion but I would totally give this person a role ban from Command and Security, Engineering parred with the 18 day game ban.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

Role ban from Command for 3 days and leave a critical note so that when ever this person logins in an admin who is logged in can give the warning in ahelp.
Also leave a message in a private admin-channel if there is one.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

Personally I would give a verbal to the passenger for self-antag and leave a note.
Now the Security Officer I would take a look at the round it's self and see what alert level it is and then see how many people are in security and then finally look at this persons hours in SEC and in total of the server. I would make a judgement if the Security Officer should really be banned for over escalation or give him a verbal warning as an admin and if I see he's being overrun with being SEC and people being assholes all round and if so I would just give him the verbal. Though if this person had a history of doing naughty things then I would 100% give an over escalation 12hr Game Ban and 3 role ban from SEC and leave a note.

You see a chemist who has only made baisc meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?

Now I understand the logic of powergaming but there's no way the chemist would've known he would roll sleeper agent and am pretty sure people always make things like grenades to use in end-round at centcom and if those people are not being punished why should the chemist be punished if he was doing the same thing and consequently he rolled antag.  That would be my take, no admin intervention in this case.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

The only person in the wrong is the passenger, and while there is a case of over escalation for the detective the passenger still has a stun baton and in my eyes anything that can stun you should be met with lethal force as you being stunned is nearly a 100% chance of death and the passenger can always be revived in medical.
I would ahelp the passenger and give the person a warning for self-antag and leave a note as it is.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

When I was an Admin on DeltaV and Nanotrasen any contraband use needed to be approved by the captain unless the HOS was extremally defiant against it but that's irrelevant to the question now if the command member did not get permission from the captain and it's not a life and death situation I would give a warning and if it keeps happening a 3 day ban from command to this person since it's expected they be a little better then the normal crew, and while anyone else who isn't command and sec are misusing contraband that's an in-game problem. 
Now the bigger problem is the other admin hjacking the ahelp and I would let them do it and take the issue to someone above them like a senior admin and if it's a SA then the Head admin and then to the host and I guess Kira?

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

Not sure what my total hours are but I do hope my application was good enough

• Head Maintainer

Hello! FYI, unfortunately your application was submitted just after the deadline for this round.

If the template doesn't change next round, this will be considered as-is next round, however if the template changes, you will have to make a new application (this one will be closed) and answer some new questions, though some will stay the same so it's not completely scrapped.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

image.png.11a0d8cab615fa1b83eec54fc3c3aa1d.png

• 2 weeks later...

This application is now void.
I have left the community after an admin said the use of an alt launcher is stealing and downvoted the post with a thumb down to only have the thumb down removed (this sound petty right but I have integrity and won't allow to be part of the shitty standard or be silenced) . Regardless I can't even play without the multiverse launcher and have no intention to use the normal wizden launcher.