Terezi Remade Admin App

Blame Kira He told me i should remake

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: terezi4real

What's your Discord Username: @.terezi.

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: 50hrs

How old are you: 20

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server: No (kira banned me for 1 minute one time cuz i asked him to as a bit)

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s):  150hr Frontier

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 45

On what days can you get on to Admin: Monday, Friday, Saturday Sunday I will be on around 7am after work, get off around 10am. and can log on again from 3pm to around 9pm. Tuesday, Wednesday i can play all day. Thursday i can play all day until 9pm

What timezone are you in: CST

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: Goob Station is my favorite server, and i want to help out with its smooth running, As well, i am just very interested in being admin for any space station server, i enjoy observing rounds and if im doing so i may as well be able to curb rulebreakers while i do so. I like to answer questions about the game and help people where i can.

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: No, I am discord moderator on frontier station, and its been said to me that once i have accrued more recent playtime on the server after a long break from the game, i will likely be accepted as admin over there as well. I have experience with the admin tools from mapping and testing things in dev enviroments.
Also i was goob station head of staff for 2 minutes :godo:image.png.4ccae5c2ed7423d638c7a71cf2dde4e3.pngimage.png.ec9ef21418af4a5178c958684577d22b.png

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: You cant play any game without rules, otherwise its just chaos, there are no objectives, winners or losers. space station doesnt have winners or losers, as long as everyone has fun, everyone is a winner. Admins exist to make sure this happens, with no oversight certain people can monopolize the fun, by murderboning everyone as antag (or not antag), by over escalating situations in their favor, or by causing issues for the station for their own enjoyment. The admins are the rulekeepers of the server, catching those who cause issues for others and correcting or removing them.  At times, with permission, Admins can also act as a kind of DM, shaping events to create an interesting experience that doesnt arise from the games mechanics alone.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: I believe goob is comfortably LRP, Most non wizden servers on the hub are MRP, and goob is a great place to enjoy the LRP style of gameplay, i have not personally experienced any overarching community wide problems with the RP levels on the server. Incidents where things are problematic seem to be isolated to rulebreaks and individuals. I dont want goob to be MRP, i think a second MRP server would be fun, but goob is great because of its LRP nature.

Slight Sidenote, One area i do think the RP has suffered is with the "John Blank" passengers, the bit has gotten a bit stale, but i think it has for even those involved, and will solve itself in due time.

The more questions questions. (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

Give them a 10 (3+7) day game ban following the banning policy, and in the ban reason instruct them to appeal on the forums if they have an explanation as to why they evaded ahelp or rdmed in the first place.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

My response would depend on the person, if they were a frequent and high quality command player, i would attempt to make contact with them, either ahelping them the next time they logged on or through the discord server, I would ask if they had a reason to need to disconnect from the role, and give them a warning to please ahelp if that situation arises again. A lesser known or newer command player would be given a 5 day roleban in accordance with the banning policy, with the ban note instructing them to appeal with an explanation of if they needed to disconnect to have the ban reduced or changed to just a warning.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

(Im assuming "almost to death" means crit here)

As the situation is presented, i would give the secoff a warning about over escalation, and instruct them to take the passenger to medbay and get them revived. I would give the passenger a warning to curb the self antag behaviour and to leave sec alone. If the passenger continues this behaviour more intervention would be necessary, but in its current state i think the situation just needs everyone to be reminded that these actions are against the rules and to calm down and get back on track. 

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?

This situation is complicated, i dont really feel it warrants a ban, and the banning policy states that first offense for preparing items not needed IC is a warning. but its clear the chemist was possibly about to do something that may have. I would ahelp them asking why they were planning to make uranium grenades, and warn them against any self antag behaviour, preparing non needed dangerous items and tell them to keep any damages within the scope of their objectives. then leave them to their stroke of good luck with rolling syndie, while keeping an eye on them for any further problems.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

Clown: No action
Secoff: No action
Passenger: ahelp and ask what they are doing, warn them against their self antag behaviour and depending on their statements in the ahelp and their note history leave it at a warning or give them a 12hr game ban (assuming previous bans for self antag)
Detective: Ahelp and Warn for over escalation(assuming no history of the behaviour), instruct them to get the passenger to medbay and revived and confiscate any contraband and to keep their gun for emergencies and stick to stuns in the future.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

In the moment, clarify my understanding of the rule, and instruct the command member to leave the contraband in the armory. (as i would have done without interruption) Following, i would contact the admin over discord, and ask them not to jump into my ahelps and explain what i was doing and how i interpreted the rule. then get clarification from a higher admin authority on the correct interpretation. If the other admin is belligerent about the situation i would raise my concerns with a higher admin authority about what happened.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

As stated in my previous application, i had minor issues with upstream about a year ago, however i have confirmed with them that its not an issue for me to be on the admin staff of any servers, and have been on the staff of frontier station since. Leaving out this after speaking to it in my previous application would have felt disingenuous. But i believe it to be a nonissue.

Edited by terezi4real

• 2 weeks later...