Arrivals Camping Ban Appeal

Space Station 14 Username: Daniel_Manuel

Banning Admin's SS14 Username: greymaria

Are you banned from the Server or a Job/Department: Server

The reason you were banned: Griefing. Camping arrivals will not be tolerated.

Everything that lead to your ban, give a detailed explanation. Relevant info only and don't leave anything important out: Round starts, I'm a ling engi (fuck). First time checking out biomass system. By the time I'm done setting up power, my biomass meter is already low. Hang around in maints for a bit, decide to go into a place where a tiny bit of people go, and it's my usual spot for gambling (there's a microwave there). I start setting up a door trap system in the 3 door hallway (all doors safety off, door in middle electric). Lots of people around as I'm setting it up too, which is perfect (namely 2 science dwarfs). Talk with a mime (spoiler alert is another ling), he gives me odd vibes but i continue the door set up. Once the doors are set up, I weld off the left maints door since it's spaced. Now keep in mind the right maints door, which is in eyesight, is very much not welded. The dwarfs run into the door trap right when i finish up welding the left maints door, free food. I don't know the exact story, I was pumped full of adrenaline so I can't remember when people ran into the trap, but I remember another person running in, which the mime takes and eats infront of me. Okay cool, now we are a team and we continue with the trap. Two tiders run into the room, I weld off the RIGHT MAINTS door and act menacing (we do a little ling roleplay). The other tider grabs a jetpack and fucks off, which is really funny, so I threaten the other tider to get me food and unweld the RIGHT MAINTS DOOR. Keep in mind, once again, this door is very clear and its very safe. The tider doesn't listen, I decide to kill him, free lunch. A chemist comes in from arrivals ship, me and the mime ling convince them to run into the very clear door trap. Now it is important to point out, the door trap is like FLOODED with blood and organs. It is made 100% clear that it is, indeed, a trap. Anyways the chemist runs in after I manipulate them into doing so. Me and the other ling take a borg brain that got caught inside the trap, we bring it to science, head back to the nest. There is lots of people around the doors, sec and such, no one seems to be doing anything. Now one of the walls is gone, and I assumed it was a player who did it, since the door was still welded. I decide that it should be a good time to change the trap to something more survivable, since I wasn't 100% sure that wall being gone was from an admin or a player. Here's where the problem starts. There's a new person who arrives from arrivals, and they start walking up into the door. Now the mime ling points to the exit maints door multiple times, but the idiot decides to just run into the doors. They start YELLING in radio chat about us and I panic, and just start shoving them into the electric door until they die. It's too late as sec is already arriving, so me and the mime go rambo as our trap is dismantled. We lose to cap and the seccies, and as we get arrested the sec arresting me walks into the trapped door that was left (lol), and I get taken to medical. I banter for a bit before getting smited. Grey's there so I already know what's gonna happen, and I tell the fool that ran into the trap that there was a safe exit while they scream at me in dead chat. And then boom banned.

I want to be clear I don't exactly remember the events clearly except for the part where the idiot ran into the trap from arrivals. So if I got details wrong like order of events or kills I'm sorry.

Why you should be unbanned: 

I made a list here to give anyone reading my reasons why I don't believe the ban is justified

1. It wasn't directly on arrivals, while it was the only way onto the station there were other options for anyone coming to the station. (The very clear RIGHT MAINTS DOOR being there, or escaping via space or literally anything else instead of running into the trap)

2. There was a maints door left purposely unlocked, unbolted, unmessed with so anyone could go in and out without dying. (This was very clearly there for people to enter the room like parameds that we could kill, and for arrivals to enter the station from. We did make an effort to show that there indeed was an escape route or at the very least stalled before they ran headfirst into the doors.

3. The trap wasn't mean to get arrivals people, I just panicked and set up on the place that I figured would be secluded enough for a small enough of people to walk into the trap and where sec doesn't patrol that often

4. While there being 2 admins online, neither of them made any effort to inform us that it was arrivals camping or even giving us a godly hint (aka removing the trap). I was left in the dark, and while I should've ahelped to make sure, I was too focused on managing our cover and keeping my biomass up (it really stresses me out)

5. No admins talked with me while I was getting banned to get my side of things, grey simply heard someone screaming that it was arrivals camping and didn't even bother trying to explain why it was arrivals camping. No one ever ahelped me to explain the ban, or even try and get my side of things, and while it is zero tolerance grey shouldn't have instantly ran for the ban button and should've talked to me so I could explain why it wasn't blocking off arrivals.

6. All my knowledge of arrivals camping figured this was fine due to an exit existing, and that any player entering can simply just walk out the maints door (which we pointed towards). It's not like I electrified the arrival ship docking doors, it was never meant to target anyone coming from arrivals.

7. We never killed anyone off the bat, everyone who came from arrivals chose to run into the doors via our manipulation and roleplaying. They had plenty of time to assess the situation and their surroundings, and could've easily found the maints door. Also the trap was very clearly bad as it was covered with blood all over and organs were inside of it.

Here's an image of how the trap looked like.

doormoment.thumb.png.3f7b5292e461f23b1157c35d3c832aa3.png

For anyone who wants to see it in-game and confirm my story it's round #4526. I don't believe I am lying about anything and I'd at the very least like a good reason as to why it was really arrivals camping. It just feels unfair to me, as in the rules we never killed anyone very shortly after getting off the arrivals, and once again, there was a clear exit, and anyone with half a brain could've noticed it. I don't believe this to be against the rules, as all victims were given plenty of time after reaching the station (and you can check the replay and see this, we never took our blades out and instantly went at people arriving) and anyone who died to the trap died out of ignorance. We never prevented anyone from safety reaching the station, we never kill anyone shortly after reaching the station, and there was a clear exit anyone could've entered the rest of the station from.

Anyways yap sesh concluded, good luck reading through this wall of text. Seriously I hope to get my ban removed, I really don't believe I was camping and I don't think it broke the rules. Feel free to dm me if you want to argue about some of the rules, I'd be glad to talk and at least get some clarity on this rule in the future.

• Game Admin

Denied

Arrivals area is off limits to ANY antag interference, which includes welding/elecrifying doors directly leading out of arrivals regardless if you try to roleplay it. Simply leave arrivals area alone.

Wait out your time, you may not reapply for this ban

Ayo.png.0f29e1b28c1af2cb778693dfcf9bb2de.png

• Game Admin

Hello,

We apologize about the previous response, we will more the ban into 6 day as the headmin recommend.

In twilight’s gentle, whispering embrace, I pen these lines, a hello to place. A greeting spun in hues of dusk, A tender touch, a fleeting musk.
As daylight fades and shadows grow, I send this note, a warm hello. Yet in its folds, a soft goodbye, For moments pass like stars on high.
Welcome, dear friend, to this new dawn, Where every ending’s but withdrawn. In each hello, a farewell's hue, For every start bids past adieu.
So take this sweet and brief verse: A hello cloaked in autumn’s leaf. And though it sounds like Parting’s song, It’s where our journey now belongs.