Subject: Appeal of Security Role Ban - Misunderstanding of Contraband Use

Space Station 14 Username: Apotheosis Medicae

Banning Admin's SS14 Username: Not sure

Are you banned from the Server or a Job/Department: 3-day Security

The reason you were banned: Crafting a firebomb
Why you should be unbanned:

Dear Admin Team,

I am writing to appeal the recent ban I received while playing as Security. I believe this ban was the result of a misunderstanding regarding my use of a firebomb, and I would like to explain why I believe the ban was unwarranted based on the official rule set and common sense.

1. Preparation for Extreme Emergency

As a Security Officer, I was aware of the presence of changelings on the station—a significant threat to the crew. To prepare for a potential encounter where I might not be able to safely transport a changeling's body, I crafted a firebomb. My intent was to ensure that the changeling could not regenerate or continue to pose a threat. This was done in the context of an extreme emergency, as allowed by the rules.

2. Contraband Use Rule Interpretation

According to the official rules, Security and Command are restricted from using contraband except in extreme emergencies, such as a nukie situation. While firebombs are not directly mentioned as contraband in the rules, my intention was to use the firebomb as a last resort against a confirmed, severe threat (i.e., a changeling).

3. Clarification on Firebomb Functionality

I was informed by the admin that the firebomb does not actually create fire, which was something I was not aware of at the time. The name "firebomb" is indeed misleading. Had I known that it did not produce fire, I would have chosen a different method to neutralize the changeling. My actions were based on a reasonable assumption given the item's name.

4. No Rules Broken

As per the official rule set:

• Security and Command cannot use contraband outside of extreme emergencies.
  • However, they may use syndicate radios or encryption keys ect. in emergency situations.

Given that I was preparing for an extreme emergency (a potential encounter with a changeling), and my actions were in the interest of station security, I did not violate the rule regarding contraband use. Additionally, I never made use of said firebomb and it remained in a secure locker in security for the end of the round.

5. Conclusion

I believe that my actions were in line with the rules and that this situation stemmed from a misunderstanding of the item’s functionality and my intentions. I kindly request that the ban be lifted and that the admin team consider reviewing the relevant rules to avoid similar misunderstandings in the future. Such as stated in https://forum.spacestation14.com/t/use-of-contraband/5091

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Bobby

Edit: I did make a joke , trying to come up with an RP reason for me to have it but that joke went past the admin even after i said it was.

Edited by BobbyBigpIays