NoSugarPlumNovember Admin Application

------------------------------------------

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: NoSugarPlumNovember

What's your Discord Username: Verbul

How long have you been playing Space Station 14?: start of 2023

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Station Server: I'm honestly not sure since I have 1600+ hours in secoff, when I obviously didn't play it that much. But I would estimate about 165+

How old are you: 20

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Station Server: No, except a 1 minute ban that was a joke image.png.0d463bc5fc109e7e92c1a7fbb29688b5.png

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): CMSS13, 1000+ hrs, TG station, about 200?

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 10

On what days can you get on to Admin: Almost everyday

What timezone are you in: EST

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: I would like to admin to have fun with other players, such as running events when I get the chance to, and also banning players who aren't good for the community, such as rulebreakers, raiders, etc.

Do you have any prior admin experience on another SS13/SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: No

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: Game admins are here to keep rulebreakers out of the server, but they are also here to have fun and interact with the community.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin?: I am obviously interested with expelling rulebreakers from the community, but I am also interested in running events when I get the chance to.

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?: I don't think there's anything I don't like about being an admin, except time transfers.

What makes you a great addition to Staff?: I used to admin here, and I think I was a good addition to the staff team when I was apart of it.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: I personally think its LRP+, and I don't think it needs any improvement, we're meant to be an LRP server (originally), and I think we're doing just fine.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?: Interacting with the community, even speaking or just giving someone a cookie for admin helping or doing a good deed is good enough in my opinion. Also helping new players when we get the chance to.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?: Not really.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?: I have had many good experiences with the game and other admins in goob, I remember when Harriet (or another admin, I forgot their name) gave a clown an infinite pie cannon.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of an admin?: Preforming well under stress

Scenarios Questions (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.

First of all, I would ask if I can do something minor with the other admins, such as making two chairs or two walls a ghostrole, if they say yes, I'd do a public vote saying "Minor event". If Yes wins, then I would make two walls/chairs a ghostrole. I wouldn't forcemind them into it, since I think everyone should have a chance to have fun. 

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

An RDM is supposed to be a ban the first time, but admins can choose punishments with good reasoning. The ban policy says that RDM is a 3day ban for a second offense, but the multiplier says it is multiplied for every victim, so it would be a 6D GB. They didn't know I would've messaged them since they're not an omnipotent being, so I would leave a message (the note type) and ask them to explain themselves when they get unbanned.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

I would note them, and leave a message (the note type) telling them to admin help when leaving in an emergency or when you're unable to reach a cryosleep pod in time before disconnecting as important roles. I would also move their AFK/SSD body to a cryosleep pod if they don't reconnect within 5 minutes.
 image.thumb.png.4f6fcb2550365b764c764897065576be.png

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper Syndicate. How would you handle the situation if at all?

I personally think this is metagaming/powergaming. You shouldn't prepare grenades at all until you 100% got antag. Speaking about making the uranium foam grenades also shows your intent to, before even becoming an antag, to make them. If it was their first offense, I would slap them with a powergaming note.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

The clown is mostly innocent, and shouldn't be punished. The clown did break a crime, which validates the secoffs arrest, although petty it is valid. The passenger would be noted for self-antag for interfering with an arrest and also attacking the secoff with a stun baton, and the detective would be warned for overescalation, as the passenger didn't stun the detective yet, or attack the detective at all. 
image.thumb.png.1550a5bdf1cf6318fed217cf8d114962.png

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Without the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

For the admin, I would move to admin chat to correct the admin and kindly ask them to not interfere with an ahelp I'm in without asking beforehand, or just tell me the thing they want to tell the ahelpee, I would say in the ahelp that the other admin made a mistake and accidentally replied to the wrong person, and to please ignore the clarification, For the command member, I would tell them that they can't use contraband unless the HOS or captain allows it (if I remember the rule correctly) and note them for Unreasonable failure of security/command to follow space law
image.thumb.png.ac9af2253810870a0c9a4899dbcd8199.png

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding Trial Game Admins, Senior Game Admins and Head Game Admins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.

If I am a fullmin in this case, I would not do what the others have said, unless they are a higher rank than me, I can choose the punishment I want to give the player. If I am a trial admin, I would do what the admin that linked the ahelp said to me, as it was more current and up to date, and also in the moment.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about: I have been somewhat inactive on SS14, but I'll start being active more.

mentor on goob station

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.