Admin Application - BombasterDS

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: BombasterDS

What's your Discord Username: BombasterDS

How long have you been playing Space Station 14?: 2709 hours in Steam. Playing from summer 2023.

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Station Server: 1151H 45M (with ~600h transfered time from WizDen and SpaceStories)

How old are you: 21

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Station Server: Yes, once for specism

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): Wizden (296h), SpaceStories (1176h), Corvax (~150h), WhiteDream (~50h before dehubbing). In SS13 - TGStation (~20h), WyccStation (~30h)

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 7 - 12h

On what days can you get on to Admin: Almost every day

What timezone are you in: UTC+10

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: It's just fun. Observing how people playing on the station, answer their ahelps and guiding them. In additional i can test things i contribute to  server and make events with them. Also roleplaying semi-serious Central Command on LRP server is super cool.

Do you have any prior admin experience on another SS13/SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: Yes, i was Moderator/Game Master on Space Stories server. Honestly, it was really hard because of ru server distinctive MRP atmosphere where players ahelping about almost anything other players doing. But making little events with players was pure fun for me and for them. I'm not sure if i'll be able to find any proofs of my admining there, because leaved server and ss14 for a while after burnout.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: First of all they guides for a players to the server.  They're supposed to stop players from trying to break rules without going overboard. Players should be sure to know that admins will be able to help them in game situations.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin?: Observing over station and making semi-serious Centcomm announcements

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?: Checkings logs of the round for anything 

What makes you a great addition to Staff?: With timezone i live in I can admining on lowpop server when everyone else is sleeping (because of timezone difference). In additional i have admin experience and know how most of admin buttons/console command works.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: LRP. Some people can try to roleplay and this is good, but goobStation, in my opinion, should be LRP server where players join to play the game. It would be nice in Goob MRP one day will open. Main problem of the server - tiders and validhunters.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?: Many players gets ban or notes and it's not bad, this is just part of SS14 experience. Admins can always chat with players ingame, in ahelp, in discord server (pm in case you're going to discuss the ban) or on forum. Just type text. But if player doesn't want to listen to anyone, always making problems even after warnings - game ban is only solution.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?: With SpaceStories experience - never let players think that the admins are above the players. Admins have rights and responsibilities on server, but they still same players as everyone else. Players should know that they will be able to talk with admins as normal persons.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?: Yes. Many admins trying to help or guide players instead of punishing them when they did something wrong and this is really cool. Also, most admins are funny guys.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of an admin?: The ability to understand the player and their game experience.

Scenarios Questions

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.

Most time i say to them "nah" or "fun not included". These players decided to observer round by themself, so i don't need to make something funny for them (most of time they just waiting for ghost roles, so this is their choice). But if i'll decide to make something funny, because i want to and have permissions for it and I know that this won't seriously affect round, i'll do it, but only after antag rolled (funny pda taking from players can leave them without traitor role).

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

First, i'll read the note, then check if current situation is similar to the note. Then i'll ahelp him to ask: why he did it?. If by his answer I'll be sure that this guy just made RDM in same situation without teaching a lesson - i'll ban him with ban policy. If i won't be sure, i'll just leave new note about RDM, so make next admin job easier.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

I'll check chat or ask another heads in ahelp if captain warned them about SSD. If not - i actually won't do anything for them (maybe i'll check discord online status if i know this player) because people can have major situations in their life. But if i'll see this players to disconnect from important roles often - i'll make note about it.

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper Syndicate. How would you handle the situation if at all?

Chemist literally didn't have any reason to make uranium foam grenade (why uranium grenade...) before rolling antag. If he really have materials in backpack or reagents for that type of grenade i'll ahelp him with question: "Why did you need uranium foam grenade before you roll antag?". If he'll answer: "For self defence", i'll remind him about powergame rule exists. If he'll answer: "To kill some people", i'll remind him about selfantag rule exists. And add note about it in the end.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

Based clown didn't nothing against the rules. Security Officer did nothing wrong too, he was acting with space law word.  Detective, in my opinion, justifiably escalated. He was alone in maints and stun still the most danger weapon in the game, when you need to make two hit and throw with stunbaton to make this detective dead. Detective still won't be able to know if he is antag.

With passenger - if he have antag role, there is no problem. But if he is not antag - i'll ahelp him with reminding about selfantag rule exists and will add note about it.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Without the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

Its depending on form of misuse and type of contraband. If command staff misused something like energy pen and then turn it off immediately without saying anything  about it to security or other heads - i won't ahelp him from the start. But if captain openly walking with double esword (or just have it as secret weapon in backpack without any reason for it) i'll ahelp him and remind about Metashield (if he use chameleon items or stealth items) and that command and sec should follow space law. Then leave the note.

About interrupting admin - i'll PM him/ask ingame admin chat not to do this, if there only two of us as admins. This is not very cool :|

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding Trial Game Admins, Senior Game Admins and Head Game Admins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.

This is not that hard question. If the equally ranked players tell me different thing about how to punish player, i'll choose they method i think most suitable for this situation. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.