Harriet_Shitty's Application.

• Game Admin

In-game Username: Harriet_Shitty
Discord username: yeahimharriet
Characters you play: Deetsan-Mei

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: It's really dynamic so i can't give a definite answer.

Days you are available to admin on: It's really dynamic so i can't give a definite answer.

How old are you?      .

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Goob Station or any SS13 experience?image.thumb.png.35e33f102c015c9f27bbc1c75c21cfe5.png

Do you have prior administration experience? If so, explain in detail what you've done during your time as an admin. We prefer experience in Space Station 13 or 14 but other games are okay too. If you can, do post evidence of this too. I've got alot of administrating experience. I've been banning alot of people, raiders, self-antags, responding to AHelps, watching in AGhost... Generally what every administrator does.

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers? I had a roleban at NyanoTrasen once. That's it.

Admins can perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you're aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? Genuinely adminning the server, i have played for around 90 minutes and got frustrated from all the chaos.

What are you least interested in doing as an admin? No clue. Probably nothing.

Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers besides just dealing with rule breakers?
Keep the game interesting, perhaps adding some spice in the situations, or helping deal with bugs.

Why do you want to become an administrator for Goob Station?
It feels too chaotic. Almost like it's lower roleplay level than LRP. Also the AHelp below. 

image.png.d3fb32fbf8c4b8755eae8c0d1a3e4f47.png

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
It's WAY to low. This place needs some serious moderation. It's a mess, roundstart bombings every round, everyone running around, anomalies going off...

image.png.b3fc775e64c995cb92a9ed1a381ebc25.png

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
Dealing with bugs, making situations unique.

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
I would 100% help new players learn. The server is too hostile.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
I have asked admin for a smite that makes me walk by default. The guy was very polite and pointed out that it can be done through the settings.

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind the decisions you make, and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how differences in the assumption would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. Three players decided to observe the round instead of joining and they started orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to "do something funny"
Ignore them. Doing "something funny" and potentially ruining the round for 56 people would be very awful.

You see a clown using crayons to write on the floor in front of security. The clown's writings are negative things about security, like "shitsec". A Security Officer tells the clown that they're being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the Security Officer can get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the Security Officer, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another Security Officer who comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.
I would first assume detective guilty because he didn't use rubber bullets. I would AHelp passenger and detective, then security officer and clown if needed. Upon inspecting logs and gathering evidence from the 4 participants of this situation, i would give a verdict.

You and another admin have been adminning for around an hour. The rate of issues has been easily manageable due to having 2 admins. Neither of you has been talking in the admin chat. You are using the Admin Help to warn a player for breaking a rule when the other admin joins the Admin Help and confirms that it is against the rules, but that it's fine in this case and they can ignore the rule for the rest of the round. You haven't taken any other admin actions yet, such as applying a ban or writing a note.
Point out in admin chat that he has to enforce the rule, and warn the player that it's still forbidden to do [something]. Rules are the rules, and they are here for a reason.

On a sidenote, i am sorry if the application was too short. I'm not used to write big amount of texts and english is my second language (yet i know it pretty well).

image.png.aaea6602df14f66768961f062a7f61a2.png