------------------------------------------

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: nymhole

What's your Discord Username: godabuse

How long have you been playing Space Station 14?: about a year

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Station Server: 220 hrs

How old are you: 18

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Station Server: no

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): frontier(30 hrs), wizden(513 hrs), Delta V(23 hrs), ronstation(3 hrs)

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 24

On what days can you get on to Admin: all

What timezone are you in: EST

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: to create a positive experience for players who are following the server rules and to help where needed. 

Do you have any prior admin experience on another SS13/SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: no

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: to enforce rules, create an engaging experience otherwise not achievable, and help jump hurdles that appear in the current state of the game.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin?: helping new or lost players and answering questions that may arise.  appeals, as long as they have a round ID and i can download it. events and off-station scenarios are also primary interests.

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?: N/A

What makes you a great addition to Staff?: i think independently and quickly, im quick to learn and understand all sides in a scenario. 

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: i think its getting better, used to be a lot worse. i think banning or reprimanding problematic players has a big impact on the community, since many problematic players are here because they were banned from other servers.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?: i think helping new players get a grasp of the game has the largest positive impact, as well as admin events that create engaging experiences for these new players that will confuse them, but also show them the possibilities of the game. 

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?: n/a

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?: n/a

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of an admin?: objectivity. the ability to see a situation for what it is.

Scenarios Questions (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”. i give them dunce caps because that would make me laugh

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?  they've been warned for RDM, they RDM again and they evade a ban. i would give them an appeal ban for evading the ban.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them? i would give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they disconnected due to a internet issue or real world problem. i would send them an ahelp message letting them know to let command and/or the station know they are leaving and to cryo to open the role up to another person. i would also give them a warning on their account saying that they have disconnected as captain in that round. depending on their response i might edit the warning with whatever context they provide, if any, (like if they had something really important happen or an internet outage due to a storm) as well as if this was their first time playing as captain or not. 

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper Syndicate. How would you handle the situation if at all? im going to assume that this isnt warops or revealed nukies. security should have to sign off on any grenades made. the meds should be their first priority, and its silly to only have basic meds and there have been enough time passed to have a midround sleeper. but it is probably a slow med shift with not a lot of demand. not making any rads meds and making uranium foam grenades could be seen as self antag. the round will continue as is, and i dont think there should be interference, but i would ahelp the chemist and let them know that meds should be their #1 priority and not to make this mistake again while not an antagonist. as long as they have no other self antag warnings, i would add a warning to them saying they were being self antagonistic by making uranium foam grenades and no radiation medication. if they've been warned for self antag before, i would also give them a 3 day job ban.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective. vandalism is in space law as a minor crime. im going to assume that the secoff has warned the clown to stop, the clown continued, and the secoff is acting within their rights. assuming the passenger is not an antagonist, they are self antagonizing. a detective does not start with a non lethal weapon, but they should also not be taking the place of a secoff. if they are in the right place at the right time they should be able to start an arrest but they shouldnt have chased down the passenger knowing they had no non-lethals or a way to arrest them (assuming they havent visited sec at all and have no non lethals or cuffs). the clown and secoff are within their rights, the passenger will be ahelped telling them not to self antag, they will be round removed if they continue. i also will warn them for self antagging. the detective will get an ahelp for chasing the passenger without a means to arrest them and over escalating by shooting the passenger to crit and i will remind them that their job is to discover crimes and have officers sent to arrest. i will also warn the detective for over escalation.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Without the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin? i would have asked the command member why they were using contraband, i would also have let them know that it is against the rules to do so unless there is an emergency. i would say to hold on within the ahelp, and i would talk to the other admin privately in admin chat and attempt to clarify the issue by quoting the rules that contradict what they got wrong. i would take screenshots of the ahelp and admin chat and send it to a maintainer or head admin. whether they agree with me or not. i would then clarify in the ahelp by quoting the same things i did in admin chat, and telling the command member not to continue misusing contraband.

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding Trial Game Admins, Senior Game Admins and Head Game Admins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available. this player has no prior issues, another admin told me this scenario should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, this other admin telling me to indefinitely ban them and make them appeal could be referring to if this was a repeat issue, i would let the admin know that this was their first offense and that i was under the impression it should result in a temporary ban on first offense. i’d also ask why they think i should indef ban. while unlikely, the 2nd admin could have an issue with the player, and trying to use me as a middleman for their own reservations. i would consider the responses and i think that my judgement would lead me to give the player a temporary ban.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about: i have a warning for greifing as a syndiroach, bombing the hand which spawned me. there were 2 people in this scenario, a syndicate agent and a passenger. the agent bought a surplus crate which had a gun(assumedly), syndiroach(known), and a jugg suit(assumedly) the passenger took a gun and began shooting it in the direction of the syndicate agent, the agent then said like "wow" or smth and put on the jugg suit. at this point i was under the impression that the passenger was the agent who spawned me and just failed to assassinate their target, so while making sure that the person i thought was the agent wouldnt be harmed, i blew up the jugg suit person, thinking it was a target who stole protection from the surplus crate. i hope this does not get in the way of my application as it was an honest mistake and a tense situation.

Screenshot2024-04-28112542.png.49bb4723513350dc8a1d6f778b5e7516.png

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.