Hunter - Admin (Re)Application

------------------------------------------

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: ARandomHunter

What's your Discord Username: ARandomHuntr

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Server: Stats playtime: around 700,000. Actual playtime, probably around 70.

How old are you: 17

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Server: Not that I can recall.

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): Wizard's den, Apocalypse Station, Frontier Station, RonStation, Rouny Marine, Delta-V, Dungeon Dig 14, Robust Pong. Around maybe a combined 200-250 hours atleast.

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: Average of around 25-30

On what days can you get on to Admin: Mostly weekends

What timezone are you in: CDT

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: Adminning is a good way to help the community, and I might be able to make sure the server is kept relatively peaceful when other people are not online. I think my perspective could possibly help, as I have a pretty good idea of what should be considered an IC crime or self-antagging and such. And lastly, and I have a good amount of experience but don't really have a good way to use it. (Also, observing people is pretty fun, I may as well help with issues while I'm at it.)

Have you adminned for any other SS13 or SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: I was an Apocalypse Admin before this, and was an Event Hoster/Admin for Goobstation before being "forcefully retired (fired)" due to not helping with ahelps a bit and sort of working on my own stuff a good amount of the time.

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: There's basically 3 purposes. First is answering Ahelps and ooc issues, sometimes having to deal with raids, all that stuff. Secondly, they help with IC stuff, such as Central Command things like faxes and announcements, and lastly is generally keeping the server fun and interesting, such as occasionally doing something custom like a CC Inspection, or possibly giving a small goal (Occasionally).

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: Well, I do believe the server's roleplay status is pretty good for the niche it is filling. People still make attempts to be in-character, but it's not at the point where you need to be called out for knowing how engines work as a medical doctor. It allows for some gimmicks and other fun things, while not being a murderbone fest where everybody speaks OOC.

The more questions questions. (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

As it is a repeated offence, and if they have directly left after doing it for a second time, I feel a temporary ban of a day may be in order, unless the note was given a large amount of time ago and they don't have other notes, in which they might deserve another warning as a large ammount of time has passed since their last offense.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

If they have warned the other command members of this, then I would not interact with the situation as this can be handled by the others following SOP. If they have not, I will give them a message telling them to not disconnect from an important role without atleast warning others, and suggest that they may cryo instead as it can open up another job slot for somebody to fill their role.

You see a passenger player mess around too much and start interfering with a Security Officer's arrest by uncuffing the Officer's prisoner, as the passenger runs, the Officer pulls out their gun and shoots the passenger almost to death. What's wrong here and how would you handle the situation as an Admin?

I would warn both parties, as the passenger is in the wrong for interrupting an arrest, chances are without any information on their crimes or antagonistic behavior. However, the security officer should not attempt to use lethal force firstly, especially when their life is not in clear danger and the passenger is not committing a cardinal crime. If either party has a history of these issues then further actions may need to be taken, depending on their history.

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper syndie. How would you handle the situation if at all?

I would warn the chemist about power gaming, as their situation did not require any form of self-defense, was in any danger, or in any situation where weapons would be permitted for them. However, now that they are a role that allows antagonizing, I would allow them to continue, but make sure it is clear they should not attempt to do this while they are not clearly an antagonist or it is red alert or otherwise (Which, even then is a stretch since they should get permission from the CMO).

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

The clown is innocent, as their crime was IC and not severe. The passenger should possibly be warned, but if they knew for a fact that the clown was only being arrested for a minor crime, then they may be fine (They didn't actually harm anybody, so it's a bit lighter). The secoff is being a bit of an ass, I'll be honest, but nothing ahelp/warning worthy. For the detective, it depends on if they had any other non-lethal methods of subduing the prisoner, and also if they immediately attempted to heal said passenger afterwards if the former is that they didn't have other methods of taking the passenger.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Whithout the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

I would have asked the staff member why exactly they felt the need to use said contraband. And I would politely ask the admin to both make sure that their information is correct, and that they do not interrupt other admins while they are messaging players about a rule break.

(And it is the same as last time, but I'm 80% sure that most of the applications were denied after reaching the amount wanted for new admins without being read. If this is not the case, I would be willing to redo it.)