Temporary Ban- BailensdeLykenos 9/24/24

BailensdeLykenos

Space Station 14 Username: BailensdeLykenos

Banning Admin's SS14 Username: greymaria

Are you banned from the Server or a Job/Department: Server

The reason you were banned: "As the mime, beat the clown within an inch of his life at shift start..... over a pie theft."

Everything that lead to your ban, give a detailed explanation. Relevant info only and don't leave anything important out: At round start, clown (Pum Kan) grabbed a pie from Mime desk and pie'd me, and stole the pie in my hand. I subsequently beat them to crit, stole their shoes, dragged them to the front of medical, whereupon my connection was interrupted by my cat jumping onto the power strip. Upon reconnecting, i was frozen by the in-game administrator. As the clown told me they had to ahelp after i disconnected, i then ahelped my reason for beating the clown, and then i recieved the ban.

Why you should be unbanned: The admin in question, greymaria, did not attempt to engage me or ask what led to the situation, even after i prompted an explanation. I think this admin is being overly harsh due to previous interactions and notes. Everything that happened was In-Character for the Mime and Clown, and the Clown had it coming, but he ahelped out of fear that i had left the server, and no Medical staff were helping him.

The sad part is that i always give a pie to my fellow trouble-maker, but he chose the high road.

Edited by BailensdeLykenos

• Owner

You beat the clown to critical condition over throwing a pie at you and then stealing another from your hand, and that's it? That sounds like pure over-escalation still (not ic issue) unless I'm missing some information.  Do respond if you can.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png

12 hours ago, Skibidi_Toliet said:

You beat the clown to critical condition over throwing a pie at you and then stealing another from your hand, and that's it? That sounds like pure over-escalation still (not ic issue) unless I'm missing some information.  Do respond if you can.

The only reason the ahelp was made was because the Clown was not recieving medical attention after i had disconnected. I was in the process of getting them to medical.

"Over-escalation" in this case would apply to what exactly? IRL, throwing anything at anyone, including a banana cream pie in someones face, constitutes assault and battery. Furthermore, the Clown only did this because they wanted the pie in my hand, and if this were the case, I would have been well within my rights to physically respond and subdue the clown. 

If i had gone to security and communicated the situation, do you think they would have done anything? Or should i have escalated it to the admins and made an ahelp over it?

There is also In-Character definitions for Mime vs. Clown "Light Rivalry" which it appears is being disregarded. The clown 100% had it coming, and was playing along up until the point i disconnected while they died on the floor.

The banning administrator didn't ask any follow-up questions or explain their ruling, and has been very intolerant in their punishments towards me, likely for previous offenses. While they are within their rights to use past offenses to determine future punishments, it seems this case was blown out of the water immediately. 

In my opinion, its 'over-escalation' to ahelp or cal security over minor petty offenses like being assaulted, pied, or stolen from at shift start, and i highly doubt security would've done anything about the literal 'stolen sweetroll'. From my understanding, thats not what the ahelp system is for.

I don't consider rejoining Goobstation as a whole because of incidents like this. The administrators are very picky with rule enforcement, and like to classify different incidents under the same blanket terms like "self-antagging" even though its very clear that the situation started as a result of another person's behavior.

I once recieved a permanent role ban from all command because after 3 hours of solid playtime, i told all command that i was cryoing, and because the admin's didnt get an ahelp on me cryoing, i was given a role-ban. (There were no ongoing ingame events or admins online at the time of my departure.)

This type of rule enforcement is literally insane.

• Owner
26 minutes ago, Agustron24 said:

Honestly this is why durk retired, and its true.

Rule enforcing is WAAAAAAAAAAAY more strict than what its needed, and game is taken too seriously.

"Yo take this game serious" while a clown randomly explodes after drinking a random drink in the background.

Don’t post in people’s appeal unless you have something that adds to what happened in the story.

• Head Maintainer

So just to be clear here

In my opinion, its 'over-escalation' to ahelp or cal security over minor petty offenses like being assaulted, pied, or stolen from at shift start,

It's over-escalation to ahelp or call security on someone for throwing a pie at you, or being stolen from, but NOT over-escalation to literally beat them to critical condition when having a pie thrown at you / being stolen from....

image.png.11a0d8cab615fa1b83eec54fc3c3aa1d.png

• Owner
9 hours ago, BailensdeLykenos said:

There is also In-Character definitions for Mime vs. Clown "Light Rivalry" which it appears is being disregarded. The clown 100% had it coming, and was playing along up until the point i disconnected while they died on the floor.

"Over-escalation" in this case would apply to what exactly? IRL, throwing anything at anyone, including a banana cream pie in someones face, constitutes assault and battery. Furthermore, the Clown only did this because they wanted the pie in my hand, and if this were the case, I would have been well within my rights to physically respond and subdue the clown. 

this all doesn’t sound so good ngl

I once recieved a permanent role ban from all command because after 3 hours of solid playtime, i told all command that i was cryoing, and because the admin's didnt get an ahelp on me cryoing, i was given a role-ban. (There were no ongoing ingame events or admins online at the time of my departure.)

Uh, that was not a perma role ban. It was temporary. 

11 hours ago, Skibidi_Toliet said:

this all doesn’t sound so good ngl

Uh, that was not a perma role ban. It was temporary. 

As in, it doesn't sound appropriate or doesn't sound realistic? The way rules are being administered, it feels and sounds as close to reality as possible;

Security (and subsequently everyone) is required to use "De-escalation" tactics whenever a situation arises where one party is upset or livid, to prevent situations like this. While thats fine, you have to understand that the people who are playing this game, are actual people with real life jobs and experience. Me personally, i dont take that disrespect. If you assaulted someone out in the street(maints) for absolutely no reason, you should and would expect to get curb stomped.

And, whether temporary or not, I think its apalling you, or any other admin, has the right to tell me im not allowed to stop playing the game when i want to. 

This is the main reason i don't play CS:GO or League of Legends ranked, you are PUNISHED for leaving a match, which is ridiculous. Im playing this game to have fun and entertain myself, not work a third shift as a janitor.

• Owner
2 minutes ago, BailensdeLykenos said:

And, whether temporary or not, I think its apalling you, or any other admin, has the right to tell me im not allowed to stop playing the game when i want to.

It’s just asked that you let us know beforehand that you’re leaving is all…? There is no us stopping you, you can still leave. Unsure where you pulled that from, but ight.

12 hours ago, Piras314 said:

So just to be clear here

It's over-escalation to ahelp or call security on someone for throwing a pie at you, or being stolen from, but NOT over-escalation to literally beat them to critical condition when having a pie thrown at you / being stolen from....

Yes Piras, (In my home state) you are well within your rights to physically subdue someone (until the police arrive) if they assault + battery + petty theft you. 

You also wouldn't harass the police with a literal 'stolen sweetroll' case, theyre busy enough dealing with actual threats to society.

5 minutes ago, Skibidi_Toliet said:

It’s just asked that you let us know beforehand that you’re leaving is all…? There is no us stopping you, you can still leave. Unsure where you pulled that from, but ight.

Obviously you can't physically stop me from hitting alt+f4. I was penalizes for leaving NTR sit in the captain's room and not cryoing.

My point is, being penalized for having an emergency, or leaving at your own convenience, is ridiculous and breeds toxicity. 

Yes, if you disconnect as Captain then its really unfortunate for everyone else. If the NTR leaves before an admin event is hosted, it does suck for everyone, including the NTR who misses out. I think this is just one of the things you have to deal with when you are playing a videogame. Some of us cant afford an always-on connection and back-up modems.

• Owner
36 minutes ago, BailensdeLykenos said:

Obviously you can't physically stop me from hitting alt+f4. I was penalizes for leaving NTR sit in the captain's room and not cryoing.

My point is, being penalized for having an emergency, or leaving at your own convenience, is ridiculous and breeds toxicity. 

Yes, if you disconnect as Captain then it’s really unfortunate for everyone else. If the NTR leaves before an admin event is hosted, it does suck for everyone, including the NTR who misses out. I think this is just one of the things you have to deal with when you are playing a videogame. Some of us cant afford an always-on connection and back-up modems.

If it’s an emergency, it comes first obviously. Simple to just explain on an admin message for us to get it removed.

But yeah, it’s expired. Closing.