KevinJanius - Admin Application

What's your Space Station 14 Username: KevinJanius

What's your Discord Username: Owen Carpenter

How long have you been playing Space Station 14?: 1-2 years

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Station Server: I scuffed my playtime I have no idea

How old are you: 18

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Station Server: maybe but not for any rule breaks

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): RMC, N14, Wizden, DS around 1500 hours total

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 15 if im not working 4 if im really busy

On what days can you get on to Admin: Monday-sunday

What timezone are you in: EDT

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: I was a previous game admin left cause of issues and would like to rejoin the team and see the new additions

Do you have any prior admin experience on another SS13/SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: Goob + N14 you can check my retired role on goob and Ill send proof if needed when I apply

What role do you think the Game Admins exactly serve: To maintain the chaos and make the rounds fun for the players

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin?: I love heretics so much im applying to mess around with them in the admin testing area and I love creating events and seeing a story unfold

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?: Banning/punishments I think any action should be the last action you should talk to people before banning/role banning/ warning unless they are a raider

What makes you a great addition to Staff?: Im pretty chill and try to be unbiased as well I try to maintain order in the admin team and I just REALLY like SS14 and the community mostly

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the server, what do you think can be done to improve it: Coming from my current server I admin on it is horrible compared to N14 which is a great role-play community while good is more lip its not a fair comparison.

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?: Helping players out and being an open mind and a guiding hand to players

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?: Frontier god I hate them they told me after I got robbed and gibbed by a non antagonist crew that they did very little wrong and it made me never play it again.

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?: In wizden ive played a lot of very planned out events and it let me in a very good mood other then that most admins are not the best.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality of an admin?: Being unbiased and seeing both sides of a story

Scenarios Questions (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”.

I might go to my admin area and create a deathmatch arena and spawn various weapons and pin them against each other. After that I might let the winner get a hamster mech or something I might just blow them up after they win who knows or I might ignore them and keep observing cause ghosts are annoying sometimes.

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem?

I forgot goobs ruling on leaving after rulebreaks but I would just ban them for a few days and add an additional note to them for the next time they RDM.

Captain seems to have disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What would you do about them?

I would role ban them firstly if they did not join back before the round ends then add them to a watchlist and the next time I see them join I would talk to them about why they left and if It was indeed a accident and then lift the role ban but if they had no excuse I would leave the role ban as is and note them for it.

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper Syndicate. How would you handle the situation if at all?

If they have no prior notes about doing similar thing I would help them and talk to them about tone it down a bit if they did I might ban them if the note as serious or just remove the antagonist status from them or give security a warrant for their arrest to keep them in character while still giving a punishment.

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

I would not talk to the clown as he is just being silly but the sec off passenger and det I would all talk to Passenger if they had a good reason for attacking the secoff I would do nothing to but if they didn’t I would note for their action or ban them depending on notes The det I would talk to about why he shot the passenger and likely just note for the over escalation and I would talk to the secoff just for hsi side of the story and likely just talk to him about sec standards and the being a dick rule and give no punishment.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Without the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?

I would tell them to not jump into my ahelp like that and then correct the incorrect ruling then go back to ahelp and punish the command member accordingly. Then maybe bring it up in admin chat to see if another admin has had a similar problem with that admin.

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding Trial Game Admins, Senior Game Admins and Head Game Admins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.

I would tell them no and talk to the player about how to act in game if the action was bad and note him for his action. Then I would tell the admin to lighten their punishments and to go over the banning guidelines again and that I think no first offense (apart from raiders) should be given a appeal only ban.