Avalon - Applying for Admin

Guest Sheepism1

Guest Sheepism1

Check

What's your Space Station 14 Username: Avalon

What's your Discord Username: lost access to my old acc: sheepism1

How long have you been playing Space Station 14?: Honestly since like, early 2024, late 2023

(OPTIONAL) How long have you been playing Space Station 13?: I used to play quite a bit honestly

What's your playtime amount on the Goob Station Server: 100hr+

How old are you: 19

Have you ever been banned from the Goob Station Server: No bans on record aside from a 1 second ban for "stinky" or something

Have you played on any other SS13 or SS14 servers? If so, name them, and tell us your playtime on the server(s): Wizden, 30h+, deltav, 5h+, frontier, 1hr tops

------------------------------------------

Time

How many hours can you admin per week: 3 / weekday, 10 on weekend

On what days can you get on to Admin: all

What timezone are you in: EST 

General Questions

Why do you want to become a Game Admin? Go into detail about it and tell us a lot about it: I really wanna help the server out cause i find it quite funny. also it took the brunt of the Chartide so I do wanna clean up some of the remnants. Goob also is a bit more "less RP". And also i hate raiders with a passion so this is the logical next step on my warpath 

Do you have any prior admin or staff experience on another SS13/SS14 server? If so, tell us about your experiences during that time, and if possible, give us proof of this: Used to admin here, i wont do annoying stuff again.

What role do you think Game Admins serve, in detail: Honestly just keeping raids from hitting as bad, dealing with annoying people, reading the rules and making sure people abide by them, getting a cool OOC color and ensuring Fun:tm: is had by all.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin?:  Honestly flying around as aghost and saying hi to the observers is cool, answering faxes to improve RP, especially on GoobMRP, talking around in OOC, fixing bugs

What are you least interested in doing as an admin?: Writing original events, I cant think of good stories to tell

What makes you a great addition to staff?: Just a funmin to play as CC on quiet shifts, being cool, I typically think a dead player is a BORED player, so I will run POST MORTEM THUNDERDOME to allow dead players to have fun.

What do you think is the current roleplay status of the LRP server, what do you think can be done to improve it: LRP is doing pretty well, honestly LRP+

(OPTIONAL) What do you think is the current roleplay status of the MRP server, what do you think can be done to improve it:

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?:
Just making SS14 feel fleshed out. Fax back from CC. Add interns doing their thing when shuttle docks. NT private security at CC running a search checkpoint (especially if alert level red)

Have you ever had a negative experience with a game admin (even on another SS13/14 server)? If so what, if anything, would you do differently?: Honestly not many. I just dont powertrip as I heard that causes a lot of issues.

Have you ever had a good experience with a game admin? If so, what was it?: Honestly seeing one of the delta-v admins ban a raider and thanking us for saying thanks.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality in an admin?: being understanding of players, especially in an Ahelp

Scenarios Questions (You should put more than just one or two sentences.)

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. There are three players who decided to observe the round instead of join it orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to “do something funny”. Color the two with RGBComponent, name them funny things like "I ASKED FOR THIS" and "AVALONS MINION".  Then tell them to enjoy the show. If they keep asking put them in a thunderdome duel.

Say, someone who already has a note on RDM from before, for example, was to RDM and kill two people, but they've left already before you could admin help them. How would you handle the problem? Rejuvenate dead. Check if raider, if highly suspicious straight to a 2 day ban. If not then message note "Do NOT do that again, this is your final warning." If they continue, 3 day ban.

The Captain has disconnected before they died or the round ended. This is the first time they've disconnected while playing a very important job. What do you do? Note them for it, low severity.

You see a chemist who has only made basic meds start gathering materials and talking about making uranium foam grenades in chat. Right as they start making the grenades they roll as a midround sleeper Syndicate. How would you handle the situation if at all?
Here is the ahelp scenario.
AHELP: Avalon: Please don't make uranium foam before traitor, it's considered power-gaming and against the Goob Rules. You can continue producing the grenades, just dont murderbone. May I suggest the Chemical Synthesis kit from the uplink if chemistry related chaos is your idea?

The Head of Security has decided to coup the Captain. The Head of Personnel agrees with the Head of Security and has taken up arms in case it is necessary to aid in effecting the arrest of the Captain. The Captain is hiding with the Quartermaster in the cargo shuttle to avoid the Clown who has stolen the captains saber as a non-antag. There are five people named in this scenario. Please describe what actions, if any, you would take in relation to each, and why.
HOS is instantly ahelped "Do NOT coup the captain, you're a mindshielded role and not a rev. Stop your revolt and disarm."
HOP is told same thing. QM and cap are OK unless other rule-breaks are occuring. Clown is ahelped "Please stop with the theft, it's a high value item."

You see a clown using crayon to write on the floor in front of security. The clown writings are negative things about security, like “shitsec”. A secoff tells the clown that they’re being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the secoff is able to get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the secoff, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another secoff that comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.

Arresting officer is kinda wrong there, wouldn't ahelp though. Clown is a-ok, just clown things. Tell the passenger not to slip Security without provocation, and note. Det is told NOT to confuse KOS and AOS and to not shoot lethals unless neccessary.

You and another Admin have been doing your job without problems, you then catch a command staff member misuse contraband. While you are in the middle of the ahelp, the other admin jumps into the middle of your ahelp with a rule clarification that is plainly incorrect. Without the interruption, what would have you asked the command staff member, and how would you have responded or reacted to the interrupting admin?
AHELP: "one second"

Admin chat the admin, say that rule clarification is NOT correct, and note the player for contra misuse.

W/O interruption, tell the Command to not misuse the contraband, and to place it in a secure area and that the Armory is a good idea. Note for this,

You are ahelping a player about an issue. The player has no prior noted issues. A few days earlier, an admin had told you that this type of situation should result in a temporary ban for a first offense, and you are confident that this situation is not substantially different from the type that admin was describing. During the ahelp, another admin pings you on Discord with a link to the ongoing ahelp and tells you to just indefinitely ban them and make them appeal. Excluding Trial Game Admins, Senior Game Admins and Head Game Admins, all admins are equally “ranked”. A headmin is not currently available.

Ping other admin and say "not gonna perma them, unless you're aware of some other behavior or issue"

Then tempban the player if other admin cannot produce a reason.

End

Anything else we should know about or have questions about:

Gonna be real, I used to be a badmin, but I am now a lot more mature and can handle myself. Any experiments I have can be done to urists at CC as long as they arent laggy or crash servers.

Also I crash quite a bit.

Guest Sheepism1

I am avalon, but i lost access to my old account, I can log onto ss14 and confirm if you'd like.

Also planning on making a real forum account

• Owner
1 hour ago, Guest Sheepism1 said:

I am avalon, but i lost access to my old account, I can log onto ss14 and confirm if you'd like.

Also planning on making a real forum account

You require one first either way. I’m denying this until you make a post under a registered account. You shouldn’t have been able to post as a guest either way beforehand.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png