PoTeletubby's Admin App

• Game Admin

In-game Username: [TheShiba]
Discord username: [PoTeletubby]
Characters you play: [Commits-The-Crime, Jimmy Glopston]

On average, how many hours do you expect to admin per week: [~30 or so]

Days you are available to admin on: [All of them lol]

How old are you?: [17]

Do you have any SS14 experience outside of Goob Station or any SS13 experience?: [I've played a good amount of SS13 and then recently jumped ship to SS14 where I've spent most of my time on Wizden servers, and one other server that currently isn't up anymore (apocalypse station was the name I think?)]

Do you have prior administration experience? If so, explain in detail what you've done during your time as an admin. We prefer experience in Space Station 13 or 14 but other games are okay too. If you can, do post evidence of this too: [I have no experience on SS14/SS13 for administration, most of my admin experience comes from Minecraft (it was like 7 years ago.) I'm familiar with the admin/sandbox tools since I've messed around in a local server for learning mechanics, or for development stuff.]

Have you ever been banned from any SS14 or SS13 servers?: [Nope, I have a clean record for SS13/SS14]

Admins can perform various tasks which are not available to the average player. An incomplete list of these tasks is in-game rule enforcement, in-game events, ban appeals, and out-of-game rule enforcement through things like replay/log reviews in response to player reports. With these, and any other tasks you're aware of in mind, answer the following two questions.

What are you primarily interested in doing as an admin? [I like the idea of hosting events/doing admeme stuff since I believe that can elevate the experience (within reason of course.) I'd also do rule enforcement too since I've seen a few examples of people breaking rules to the point where it really ruins the game for some people.]

What are you least interested in doing as an admin? [Can't really think of something, I'm not really opposed to anything.]

Answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers besides just dealing with rule breakers?
[Admins can host events to have interesting rounds. Also whenever a shift is clearly going on for a while and is really boring, then they can throw in a bit of spice to make the shift more fun. Admins can also help players learn mechanics, especially more complex ones.]

Why do you want to become an administrator for Goob Station?
[Out of all the SS14 and most of the SS13 servers I've played, this one has had some of the most enjoyable experiences in the time that I've been here. I enjoy the other players because most of them aren't assholes or shitters, and I like the spice that the admins bring to the game since it makes it way less boring that standard SS14 servers can usually become through a lack of interesting events.]

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the servers?
[It kind of fluctuates, usually its at a level where its fun to fit into your role within the station. However on other experiences, it downright turns into a deathmatch where people just go for the kill towards their non-antag colleagues. Most of the time, the RP is actually very fun and can make for a good experiences, especially when everyone follows their role to an LRP kind of extent.]

Other than banning problematic players, what admin actions do you believe have the biggest positive impact?
[I think that when admins listen to what the players want, and work accordingly with it. If admins actually take ideas and take notes on how the players think the round is going, then they can do little fun events to spice up a shift and make it more fun to participate in, rather then endlessly roaming the station until your department has some work to do. I think it's also fun when admins host entire event-based rounds.]

Have you ever had a negative experience in the game or with a game admin? If so what, if anything, would you do to prevent other players from experiencing this?
[Not in this server, in SS14 I've had a few bad experiences in Wizden though. I could help other players of this server avoid bad experiences with admins, just by not being an asshole. That's one of the #1 problems that Wizden has.]

Have you ever had a good experience with the game or a game admin? If so, what was it?
[In Wizden, not too long ago we had a Wizard Federation vs. Station event, where Centcom called in ERT to fight against the Wizard Nukies. In this server I've had a number of good experiences, like when I was granted a wish (I wanted a book of knock, only got it for limited time lol) and then later that round, me and another player wanted to kill "God" for taking away my wish and denying us carpet in our break room. I also remember when a greytide army formed (I was part of it) and they called in the Deathsquad to deal with us.]

The following are scenarios, respond with how you would handle each as an administrator. Respond with the assumption that you are an administrator with full access to the admin tools and that you have all the knowledge needed to use these tools. Respond in detail, explain the reasons behind the decisions you make, and describe any assumptions you are making. When you need to make an assumption, it is preferred for you to describe how differences in the assumption would affect your actions.

It is the start of the round. There are 60 players on the server. The game mode is traitors, traitors have not been selected yet. Three players decided to observe the round instead of joining and they started orbiting you. Two of them are encouraging you to "do something funny".
[I would tell them that I'd rather not, as it could ruin the experience for everyone else in the server, especially so early on. If it was later in the round, where it wouldn't ruin anyone's gameplay, then potentially I could do a small funny.]

You see a clown using crayons to write on the floor in front of security. The clown's writings are negative things about security, like "shitsec". A Security Officer tells the clown that they're being arrested for vandalism, stuns them, and cuffs them. Before the Security Officer can get the clown into the brig, a passenger slips the Security Officer, causing them to lose their baton, then uses the baton to stun another Security Officer who comes to help as the clown runs away. The passenger escapes through disposals. Having heard an AOS radio callout, the detective enters maintenance near disposals and shoots the passenger to crit. There are four players in this scenario, the clown, the passenger, the secoff, and the detective.
[The two biggest offenders in this scenario, in my opinion, are the detective, and the passenger. The clown was doing his funny business and wasn't breaking any real rules. The secoff might've done a little too much against the clown for something so small, but a little leeway could be given for them. The passenger (assuming they aren't an antag) shouldn't have slipped the secoff and especially shouldn't have hit another secoff with the baton as that's just aggression without reason. The detective shouldn't have critted the passenger, they should've used rubber bullets to stun the passenger so they could be arrested without almost killing them. In the end, I'd ahelp the detective and passenger, then I would check the admin notes of the passenger, then would punish accordingly depending on prior offenses. Anything action taken here can change based on added context or other factors though.]

You and another admin have been adminning for around an hour. The rate of issues has been easily manageable due to having 2 admins. Neither of you has been talking in the admin chat. You are using the Admin Help to warn a player for breaking a rule when the other admin joins the Admin Help and confirms that it is against the rules, but that it's fine in this case and they can ignore the rule for the rest of the round. You haven't taken any other admin actions yet, such as applying a ban or writing a note.
[I'd still leave a note that they broke said rule, and I would still inform them to refrain from breaking the rule again, even if they other admin said it's fine to ignore it. The rules are there for a reason, after the fact I would discuss with the other admin to understand why they were allowing them to get away with it. I would also improve my communication with other admins in general as a result of this situation.]

thank you for taking the time to read this lol

LOL.png.30c86780c55b764dcb6a8eebab78536a.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • CEI

Accepted, and welcome to the team! 

Check your Discord direct messages to proceed with how to start. If your DM's are off, we won't be able to contact you.

huh.png.efaced80a28843e468a4f3b67ca690f7.png