NoSugarPlumNovember Mentor Application

• Game Admin

Forum Name: Sugar

Discord (include tag numbers): Verbul

CKEY: NoSugarPlumNovember

Characters: Dominic Pershing (only main character out of 6)

Server Playtime: 32H 56M

Primary Department(s): Science (artifacts & borgs), Security (officers/HOS, no det/warden), Command(HOS, Captain, & RD on wizden), Cargo (techs, salvage)

Departmental Knowledge:

Science; I know what each stimulus means, and how to complete it, knowing what the side effects are, for borgs, I know what to do when they are in soft-crit, need repaired, need to get a new body for emagged situations, and most importantly; their modules and what is needed for the player.

Security; I know wizden space law to my extent, although sometimes I do have to go back into the wiki to check on an obscure law that isn't usually committed (terrorism for captured nukies even though it's most likely always an execution), I know what the prisoners have rights to, I know how to multi-strip, I know the basic loadout that officers/cadets alike should carry.

Cargo; I know what almost everyone knows about being a cargo tech; maints is your money maker, gas canisters are the most and you should ONLY take from maints to prevent fights and you getting killed or arrested, for salvage, I know that you have to stick in pairs for expeditions & maybe even sometimes mining ore, since you don't know what could be hiding behind rocks, I know what almost every salvager knows after their newbie phase, to click their ore bag to the belt, bring a cell recharger with you for floodlights, and get insuls, meds, and maybe even goggles too at the start if you want to go on an expedition (when fixed!) 

Command; For captain, you should know that every action you make is what the department head you pushed the action on to complete will be blamed for it most of the times, the captain is the figurehead for the heads of staff, and should stay respected to prevent them from impeaching the captain. For other heads, they are responsible for their department and should stay within their boundaries unless it is an emergency, the heads of staff make sure the work that is needed by the captain, or the station, is done.

General/Special Knowledge:  Twomad asked me this earlier, so I'll put it here, when you microwave an ID too much, you might melt it into slush/gloop, if you microwave it around 1-2 times, you could get additional accesses that are random, Many syndicate items can spawn in maints, even Mosins, Chest Rigs, and Operative Jumpsuits, it is better to also reason with others than instantly go into hostile mode and escalate the situation, understanding others' sides can make the situation just a little bit better. Sometimes, the head of a department isn't the most useful, and their job is spread around multiple, simplified, so if the head of department falls into near death, their subordinates (in this case, warden) can open up the armory in an emergency allowing security to restore order.

Additional Information: I have a bad track record with perma-bans, and I've been open with that, I've been permanently banned from 8 ss13 servers, and 1-3 servers on ss13 (if you count ALL three of wizden and not just as a branch). I have never been a mentor before, so this would be my first time. I believe I should become a mentor because I feel like I know enough to pass down helpful information to others than rather breaking rules and either doing ick-ock with OOC chat if they aren't near me, or if they're new to the game and don't completely know the controls.

asian2.PNG

mentor on goob station